Monday, January 4, 2010

Snowy Daybook for Monday, January 4, 2010


FOR TODAY... from Mel's Snowy Daybook....
Outside my window... it's bitterly cold with about 5 inches of snow, and I'm loving it!:)
I am thinking... that today is going to be a snow day.
I am thankful for... the privilege to be able to homeschool and teach my kids and make learning, hopefully, fun.
I am wearing... jammies and robe.
I am remembering... a story my mom told me last night about how they used to go sledding when they were kids....they used to hook the sled up to the back of the tractor....and they had a hill in town they used to go down.:) I love Mom's stories. Wish she'd tell me more, more, more.
I am going... to take the kids sledding today, and hopefully, to take Jacob to Tae Kwon Do, as well as hit Walmart and the craft store while he's there.
I am currently reading... Levi's Will, which so far, is such a great book.
I am hoping... that we'll be set to launch our new MamaBuzz site by Monday; it's very exciting.
On my mind... Aaron and Nancy and what all they face this week.
Noticing that... this week doesn't look as daunting, once I got it a bit organized and planned out.
Pondering these words... from my calendar: Faith is the bird that feels the light and sings when the dawn is still dark.
From the kitchen... tonight will be Ramen noodles with peas; and grilled cheese.
Around the house... have to work on laundry today, as well as clean house this morning.
One of my favorite things~ definitely the snow that covers the ground and just brings a stillness with it.
From my picture journal...(we took a piece of black construction paper yesterday and caught a few snowflakes; this one amazed me; it was just so intricately beautiful!)



For more Daybook, visit Peggy at The Simple Woman.

8 comments:

Aisling January 4, 2010 at 8:00 AM  

love your sledding story fro your mom. I can vividly remember one year sledding down the middle of the road because we lived on a hill.

It must have been before it became a bus route road, because they always salt the bus routes and i certainly remember there being plenty of snow.

Ann @ HouseOfEstrogen January 4, 2010 at 8:32 AM  

Wow! That photograph is amazing!

ruth stiles January 4, 2010 at 9:18 AM  

Ramen Noodles and Grilled Cheese - now that is my kind of simple! Enjoy that snow!

Missus Wookie January 4, 2010 at 9:40 AM  

Have you read "Snowflake Bentley" fascinating photos! Noodles and grilled cheese is our kind of Sunday supper around here :)

Covet your snow but only until I have to go out in it. Thanks for sharing your day book.

Anonymous January 4, 2010 at 10:19 AM  

Wow! What a neat snowflake capture.

Have a wonderful week,
~Tamara

Love Bears All Things January 4, 2010 at 2:31 PM  

Snowflakes are amazing, truly a creation of God.
Write those stories of your Mother's down. I am trying to remember and record some of my parents' stories. Harder once they have gone home and I can't ask questions but just have to rely on what I remember them saying.
Mama Bear

Tammy January 4, 2010 at 3:06 PM  

I love snowflakes! Thanks for sharing your day...I was a cleaning girl too this morning...my reward: having fun reading blogs. Some needed down time for mom!

Ritsumei January 4, 2010 at 6:41 PM  

Catching snowflakes outside is so much fun! They've never even been the same style of flakes twice when I've been out. It's just amazing.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP