Monday, January 4, 2010

Motivate Me Monday- I Dare You


This weekend, I've seen so many statuses of parents anxious for their children to go back to school, so they can have a break....I'm not here to judge, believe me (every parent needs quiet time once in a while)....but this week, I dare you to....

I dare you to go out and make snow angels with your kids, if you have snow.  Who cares what the neighbors think?  Your children will remember this for years to come.  Get that sled out, and take them on the ride of their lives, whooping and hollering the whole way (ok, not too loud, because you might just embarrass them; maybe it's payback time for all the Walmart tantrums, though.) LOL


If it's warm where you live and rainy, put on the rainboots and go out and puddle splash with your kids....

I dare you to get down on the floor with your toddler and play cars with him, or take the time to read a story to her.

I dare you to talk to your kids about their dreams this week; even if their dreams constitute being a jedi in outer space or a princess in a huge castle, just listen....play dress-up with them, and make their dreams partly come true.

I dare you to create something with your kids; whether it be a cotton ball snowman or a playdough bowl of spaghetti, create away!

I dare you to take your teens out to lunch, to wherever they want to go; then maybe pick up some munchies, and have a movie night with them.

I dare you to be a kid again!  Remember, it's the simple things that really make our kids' days.:)


For more Motivate Me Monday, visit Sarah at The Fifth Street Palace.

9 comments:

Judy Joyce January 4, 2010 at 9:13 AM  

I completely agree with you! Good dares to commit to! I prefer my child at home versus school and I love to interact with them. You only get them so young for so long so don't waste the time away. :) Great post!

Liz Mays January 4, 2010 at 9:17 AM  

I love it!! And I love being childlike!

Tana January 4, 2010 at 10:33 AM  

I SO accept your dare. Playing more games with my daughter is high on my list this year.

Anonymous January 4, 2010 at 10:50 AM  

If I had kids, I would accept your dare. I think they are all wonderful things to do!

Stopping in from SITS.

Goat Gal January 4, 2010 at 12:01 PM  

Mel,
Our post go so well together this week.
I will be praying that I will have it on my heart to play with my children more.
Thank you for the dare:)

Heather @ Marine Corps Nomads January 4, 2010 at 12:27 PM  

We are laughing like a child here.

My daughter has started making her own wildlife productions using her stuffed animals and video feature on her camera. We put them on the computer and laugh (in a good way) at the commentary. She just grins and says that she likes making mommy laugh so hard. :)

Annie @ astonesthrowfrominsanity January 4, 2010 at 2:45 PM  

I accept your dare gratefully! My kiddies left for school this morning and I missed them so dreadfully. Although we have no snow, we will be having a special dinner and I am letting them make the dessert. :)

Tammy January 4, 2010 at 3:08 PM  

I love this! Thanks for sharing!

Patti Lacy January 4, 2010 at 8:46 PM  

Beautiful post which I read as my old bones creaked and my heart sagged. You enlivened my night!!!

Thanks, Mel.
Patti
www.pattilacy.com/blog

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP