Friday, August 1, 2008

About Me

I am a child of God; as a believer in Christ, I hope to inspire and encourage others along the way, especially other wives and mothers. We have a hefty responsibility on our shoulders, as we are shaping tiny hearts for a future of, hopefully, serving the Lord.


Real Heart Prints is a blog about a variety of topics, mainly within the realm of womanhood/mommyhood.  You'll find posts about life in general, homeschooling, marriage, raising children, cooking/recipes, home decor, hobbies/crafting, book/movie/music reviews, funny tidbits, etc.

I'm married to the love of my life, Dan; we met at Davis College (formerly Practical Bible College); he was working security in the bottom of my dorm (he was a student too), and we just kinda got to know each other and quickly became friends. The rest is history.:)

I'm a homeschooling Mommy to Jacob and Jaden; I was a working nurse but chose to stay at home with my little men. My boys are the two other loves of my life. They are just so much fun. Everything I do revolves around my family. God has taught me a lot in the past couple of years about my own personal priorities as a wife and mother, and I am so blessed to be able to stay at home with my boys. Some day, Dan and I hope to adopt as well; we really feel that tug on our hearts and feel a heavy burden for children who don't have a home and just need the loving arms of parents who will show them the light of Jesus.

I am a freelance writer at heart. I love all things blogging and writing, and I'm trying to get a book started about my grandmother's dramatic life. I also write for MamaBuzz, and I love to review books and products of all types. I am currently enrolled in a course through the Institute of Children's Literature, and I am learning how to write articles and stories for children and teens. I can't wait to start submitting manuscripts to publishers.

Some of my favorite things to do include just being able to spend time with my guys, reading, movies, baking, sewing, decorating, scrapbooking (and I've found a new love for papercrafts; give me an x-acto knife, and watch me go LOL), singing in our choir, music/piano, anything outdoors, i.e., hiking or gardening, etc. I love to dance around the kitchen with my boys, laughing and giggling the whole way.

Missions holds a very special place in my heart, and Dan and I both especially love New York City and the people there. We would love to some day live and serve there, but that is totally up to God. New York City has to be one of the most beautiful places on earth, truly, with all of its many diverse cultures. It's amazing.



I hope that what you read here encourages you, uplifts you, inspires you, sparks that creativity in your heart, and sometimes gives you the giggles.:) Thanks for stopping by our neck of the woods.:)


(Disclosure Policy:
This policy is valid from 27 November 2009

For questions about this blog, please contact mjaneloc(at)gmail(dot)com.


This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.
 
This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content.

The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.

To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org)

3 comments:

Unknown October 29, 2009 at 3:03 PM  

Hey Mel, I don't think I ever told you, but I am very proud to have you as my daughter-n-law! As I read all of this stuff that you have written, and the things you are involved in, It helps me to see a part of you that I do not know.I am glad my son found you. Love you, Mom Nadine

Mandy December 14, 2009 at 8:28 AM  

Hi Mel!
Nice to meet you! My husband when to Practical and Ruth Stiles just sent me over here to your blog. Love it! I'll be back to look around more after I clean my house today. :-)

Suzanne Tucker December 22, 2009 at 9:37 AM  

Hey Mel,
A beautiful site... living out the truth that what is most personal is also most universal... and that we are one. Thank you for sharing God's presence in your life with so many in such an inspiring format as this.
Blessings,
Suzanne aka ZenMommmy

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP