Monday, December 28, 2009

Daybook for Monday, December 28, 2009


FOR TODAY... from Mel's Daybook...

Outside my window... cold with a dusting of snow still left on the ground; it is sunny, though.


I am thinking... about my to do list and how it keeps growing....I guess it's just a life thing, ya know?


I am thankful for... shows like Road to Avonlea that just take my mind off of things and help me relax.:)


I am wearing... dark jeans with a red shirt and white tank underneath....my shirts are fitting a little bigger these days, as I've lost quite a bit of weight in a short time (not sure why); and I just bought this shirt too.  Oh well.


I am remembering... my two hour phone call with Nancy the other day and how blessed and thankful I am to have her as a friend/sister.


I am going... to Tae Kwon Do tonight with Jacob, and we're hopefully going to return a couple things that didn't fit.  Oh, and we're combining gift cards to get a Wii Fit Plus; I'm so excited....don't worry, we've talked it over with the kids, and they are agreeable. 


I am currently reading... still the same book, but I'm starting Levi's Will this week.


I am hoping... that God will show Dan what to do, the right thing to do; and I'm hoping to get things reorganized/regrouped for school, just need some reevaluation. 


On my mind... Nancy and Aaron and what they will face this week at the doctor's....I love you guys.


Noticing that... somehow, even though there's a lot of uncertainty right now, there's also a sort of peace, maybe not a whole feeling of peace, but a small inkling of it is there.


Pondering these words...ok, I'm actually laughing at these words from Mrs. Rachel Lynde in Avonlea yesterday: "Not so long as I draw breath, you two-faced son of a beehive."  LOL  I don't know why that cracks me up, but it does.


From the kitchen... I'm thinking the Dollar Menu tonight, as we'll be gone most of the evening.


Around the house... already cleaned, but still have more to clean up from Christmas, and since laundry hasn't been done in about 4 days, am catching up on that.:)  I love Christmas!  It was a much needed break.


One of my favorite things... definitely snow, a fire in the fireplace, The Polar Express with the kids, and a warm cup of hot chocolate with marshmallows and a candy cane to stir it with.  Mmmmmm....

From my picture journal... (Christmas Eve in our house)...


For more Daybook, visit The Simple Woman.

2 comments:

Tammy December 28, 2009 at 1:09 PM  

Love your post and blog sight...can't wait to look around.

Hen Jen December 29, 2009 at 1:25 PM  

beautiful photo! I love Avonlea,and specially Mrs. Lynde! Good stuff!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP