Monday, December 28, 2009

Motivate Me Monday- Be a Friend


Some friends come and go, but then there are friends who are there with you through thick and thin.  These particular friends might live close to you, or they may live far away.  Whatever the case, knowing who your true friends are is nothing short of a blessing.  

These true friends may be as close as sisters to you.  They may be the ones, who when you were sick back in college, held your hair back while you puked.  They may be the ones whom you shared your most secret thoughts with.  They may know all your flaws, but they still love you anyway.  Friends may be the ones you lean on when the hard times come.....

But have you ever stopped to think, "What kind of friend am I?  Would I hold her hair back while she puked?  Do I pray for her daily?  Do I truly take the time to just sit back and listen without speaking?  Do I refrain from voicing my concerns/worries/opinions, just to open my ears and heart to her needs?"  I've been asking myself this a lot lately....


Lately, I've been angry at God, and I can't explain fully right now, but He just keeps working on me, even when I fail over and over.  Believe me, sometimes I feel like a genuine fraud on here.  I strive so hard to let everything I say and do be "real."  But I realized something this weekend.  I may not have a lot of friends, but the friends that I do have are true, and they are ones that God has sent into my life.  It's like I can feel a fresh breeze from Him when talking with them or writing back and forth.  It's as if He is right there, speaking to me through them.  This probably doesn't make any sense at all, but it does to me.  I'm learning what it means to not just have friends, but to be a friend.  Are you a true friend?

For more Motivate Me Monday, visit Sarah at The Fifth Street Palace.

6 comments:

Goat Gal December 28, 2009 at 2:35 PM  

I am inspired Mel! I really need to look at what kind of friend I am and I for sure need to pray for my friends more!
Thanks for linking up!

Mrs. White December 28, 2009 at 5:13 PM  

I hope you are feeling happier! I am new to your blog and am enjoying it.

Have a wonderful day!

Blessings
Mrs. White in Vermont

Sidnie December 29, 2009 at 3:49 AM  

I've needed this reminder for some time now.
I have a close group of friends who are where I am right now.
But I've long forgotten those friends who held my hair back in college, the ones who promised with me that we'd end up in the same neighborhood together when it was time to start families...
They're still in grad school... And I'm off in a foreign country raising babies, and standing proudly beside my Army soldier.
Our lives are so very different, and I let that get in the way...

I think it's time I make some phone calls....

:)

gina December 29, 2009 at 7:38 AM  

What a thought provoking post! Definitely words to consider in the upcoming days..s as I prepare for the new year.

Nancy Irby December 29, 2009 at 9:00 AM  

You are a great friend! Thank you so much for being there all the times you've been there for me and especially now! I love you, dear friend and sister!!

Julie {Angry Julie Monday} December 29, 2009 at 2:58 PM  

My friends have been more like family, than my actual family. My mother is repeating the mistakes of her mother. My best friend has helped me understand that. When I need to vent, I call my BFF....stopping over from SITS!!! HI!!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP