Monday, October 26, 2009

Motivate Me Monday- Time Spent


With everything going on in our lives lately, I've been struggling so badly to just find a balance....just to find some sort of balance, so that I don't feel like I'm being stretched in 20 different directions at one time.  It's really been wearing me down; I am so tired that I think I could honestly sleep for 3 days straight.  Not gonna happen, though; after all, I'm a homeschooling Mama, and Moms, in general, don't get to sleep for 3 days straight.:)  I think amidst the whole struggle, though, I've really forgotten to include the one thing that will help everything else to just balance itself out.  If I were to include this one thing, maybe all the rest would not feel quite so stressful.  Not that this one thing could take all my troubles and stress away, but it could help to ease the burden....Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light- Matthew 11:28-30 (NKJV).  


Just to be honest, I struggle with doing my personal devotions every single day.  I have been slacking off....I have posted about this before.  Procrastination is my main problem.  Getting up at five, I put them off until my eyes can focus a word on the page, yet I still am able to get work done.....but I have also thought that I would do them later after my kids are up (be a sort of example).  I've tried that......it doesn't happen.  So, what do I do?  So many thoughts have been going through my head this weekend; I know down deep in my heart that if I can't make time for God, then how can I expect Him to truly bless myself and my family?  How must He feel when I come to Him with requests, but I haven't spent a moment with Him that day in His Word?  Doubts begin to assail me, and really what I need is to dig in His Word each and every morning.  Even if it's for 15 minutes, I have to do this.  I fail over and over in my own personal struggles, and I wonder why I can't overcome them.....it's really because I'm not even taking the time to spend in His Word and soak it up and really pray, not just request to Him or ask of Him.  

Our pastor gave a list of what the Word does for us, and I just have to share this because it hit me square on this morning:
The Word of God:
1) Gives us assurance of salvation.
2) Gives us hope.
3) Enables us to grow.
4) Guides us.
5) Enables us to discern between right and wrong (Hebrews 5:12-14)
6) Transforms our mind (Oh, how I need this).
7) Enables us to avoid sin.
8) Enables us to overcome Satan.
9) Purifies our lives.
10) Informs and empowers our prayers: We will not "raze hell" apart from prayer.  Basically, a life without prayer is completely powerless.


We all have personal struggles, sins that we need to overcome.  But we can't do it by ourselves....there's just no way.  We have to do it by prayer and time spent in the Word.  It's our only hope really.  It's our weapon as believers.  So, to you, my readers, will you help me to be accountable this week?  Honestly, I think I need you to keep me accountable for the first 30 days.  They say when you have done something for 30 days, it becomes a habit.  I want to get up and soak in His Word every single morning first thing, even if it's just for 15 minutes.  This is my goal for this week.....how about you?  


For more Motivate Me Monday, visit Sarah at The Fifth Street Palace.

3 comments:

Ellie Kings October 25, 2009 at 7:48 PM  

Hello Mel,
I know how you feel, I've been there many times. But that verse you quoted is one that I also turn to when I'm feeling overwhelmed. I pray you find the balance you're seeking.
Blessings!
PS. Get some sleep!
Ellie

Tracey October 26, 2009 at 11:10 AM  

What a wonderful goal! I tend to stay on track with my devotions pretty well during the week, but often don't set aside the time on weekend mornings. I am hoping to be more consistent all week long!

Goat Gal October 26, 2009 at 4:37 PM  

Mel
I just want to tell you that God loves it when you try again. No matter how many times you have to pick yourself up he is there waiting with open arms to spend time with you. Do not let lies sink in that you will fail over and over. Victory is yours if you keep attempting.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP