Monday, October 26, 2009

Daybook for October 26, 2009


FOR TODAY, Monday, October 26, 2009...
Outside my window...it is dark and not sure if it's raining or not.

I am thinking...and wondering if Jacob should not go to the dentist but maybe to the doctor instead; he's developed a really tight cough now.

I am thankful for...a roof over our heads and food in our fridge in these tough times.

From the learning rooms...we're studying about floods and lightning in science this week, as well as starting to learn about ancient India in history.  I would really like to take the boys on a field trip this week to the Rutledge Wilson Farm, maybe get some pumpkins and just have a day of fun.

From the kitchen...tonight will be deer chops, baked beans over rice, and salad.

I am wearing...the same old jammies and robe.:)

I am creating...my goal this week is to get those silly curtains done....our windows need covered up besides just the blinds, and it would really help with our heating bill to have the curtains up.

I am going...possibly to take Jacob to the dentist this morning, not sure yet, kinda doubting if we go.

I am reading...So Much More Than Sexy by Mark Atteberry.

I am hoping...to get a lot accomplished today, maybe do some Halloween arts and crafts with the boys.

I am hearing...silence.:)
Around the house...have to clean house today and catch up on the mountains of laundry that await me, threatening to swallow me up.

One of my favorite things...is sitting down in small group and realizing that somehow my zipper is down on my pants and wondering how long it's been that way and noone's said a word!! (sarcastically saying this as one of my favorite things), and then proceeding to try to keep it covered with my Bible until I can slip away to the bathroom to fix things.....Ugh....

A few plans for the rest of the week: Possibly get Jacob to the dentist; writing assignments/MamaBuzz work; school; Jacob to Tae Kwon Do; possibly go to astronomy club star gazing this week; church/choir stuff (we have a costume contest on Wed. with choir; pics to come); make cookies for trick-or-treaters, since candy is so expensive anyway; errands/library; Halloween fun on the weekend; OHHH, and watch Charlie Brown and the Great Pumpkin with the boys; etc.



Here is a picture for thought I am sharing...(I just can't wait to put up our Christmas tree; only 4 more weeks, and I can!  This pic is from last year)  :)

For more Daybook, visit Peggy at The Simple Woman.

2 comments:

Tana October 26, 2009 at 8:04 AM  

Your tree was lovely! 4 more weeks? Can you believe it?

dtbrents October 29, 2009 at 1:53 AM  

I hope Jacob is better. I know what your mean about your zipper. I went all day with only one earring on and no one said anything. That just goes to show that most people don't notice others that much. Your Christmas tree is beautiful. For ten years at least I have had an ugly one. I was so happy to throw it away last year and nearly cried when my husband bought me a new one just like it. I hope you have a blessed week. Doylene

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP