Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Warning: This Could Happen to You

The Victim:
The Weapon of Choice:


The Perpetrator/s:

Oh yeah....guess what Daddy left out this morning, and Mommy failed to realize until it was too late?! You got it....and who found it? Oh yes, Mr. Jaden. When I first walked into the bedroom, I thought he was just snuggling (yet another instant when I knew something was up because he was too quiet; will I ever learn?); BUT as I looked closer, I saw glops of gooey Vick's all over our bed, all over the jar, all over my son....which is when I kicked into full Mommy gear. I scooped him up and headed to the bathtub (because I was so afraid he was going to rub his eyes). Jacob helped me bathe him while I called Poison Control and quickly got the mess cleaned up. Oh wait a minute....there was no "quickly" about it. Have you ever tried to clean Vick's off? It's like caking yourself with Crisco....it doesn't come off. I found out, though, that Softsoap cut right through it on my hands. As for Jaden, his hair is still a little greasy, and his face and legs still just a tad bit sticky. Hey, he's been scrubbed, but the boy bathed in Vick's today! As for our bedroom, well, let's just say we have a fresh new deodorizer called VapoRub in there! Now if I could just get the grease spots out....although, I don't think he got it on the comforter....thank goodness I had stripped the sheets this morning, so he just got the blanket and pillows and mattress cover. Ugh...what's a mom to do? Gotta love the adventure he brings into our lives....see, now I can laugh about it. This morning, not so much.:)LOL

3 comments:

Mary September 15, 2009 at 9:57 PM  

I've heard that a mixture of Dawn dish detergent and baking soda works to get it out of fabrics. I never had to remove it from toddler skin/hair, though. I will be on the lookout for "Mr. Jaden types" so that this won't happen to me. LOL While I definitely sympathize with mama, I freely admit I laughed out loud. Especially at "the perpetrator(s)"!!! :-)

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart September 16, 2009 at 6:12 AM  

But on the bright side your sinuses will be clear while you sleep!
I"m glad you got it all cleaned up and he was okay!
Hugs.
Kim

A Cooking Bookworm September 16, 2009 at 7:29 AM  

Again, what a MESS!! :-)

He's a cute perpetrator, though! :-P

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP