Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Warning: This Could Happen to You

The Victim:
The Weapon of Choice:


The Perpetrator/s:

Oh yeah....guess what Daddy left out this morning, and Mommy failed to realize until it was too late?! You got it....and who found it? Oh yes, Mr. Jaden. When I first walked into the bedroom, I thought he was just snuggling (yet another instant when I knew something was up because he was too quiet; will I ever learn?); BUT as I looked closer, I saw glops of gooey Vick's all over our bed, all over the jar, all over my son....which is when I kicked into full Mommy gear. I scooped him up and headed to the bathtub (because I was so afraid he was going to rub his eyes). Jacob helped me bathe him while I called Poison Control and quickly got the mess cleaned up. Oh wait a minute....there was no "quickly" about it. Have you ever tried to clean Vick's off? It's like caking yourself with Crisco....it doesn't come off. I found out, though, that Softsoap cut right through it on my hands. As for Jaden, his hair is still a little greasy, and his face and legs still just a tad bit sticky. Hey, he's been scrubbed, but the boy bathed in Vick's today! As for our bedroom, well, let's just say we have a fresh new deodorizer called VapoRub in there! Now if I could just get the grease spots out....although, I don't think he got it on the comforter....thank goodness I had stripped the sheets this morning, so he just got the blanket and pillows and mattress cover. Ugh...what's a mom to do? Gotta love the adventure he brings into our lives....see, now I can laugh about it. This morning, not so much.:)LOL

3 comments:

Mary September 15, 2009 at 9:57 PM  

I've heard that a mixture of Dawn dish detergent and baking soda works to get it out of fabrics. I never had to remove it from toddler skin/hair, though. I will be on the lookout for "Mr. Jaden types" so that this won't happen to me. LOL While I definitely sympathize with mama, I freely admit I laughed out loud. Especially at "the perpetrator(s)"!!! :-)

The Real Me! September 16, 2009 at 6:12 AM  

But on the bright side your sinuses will be clear while you sleep!
I"m glad you got it all cleaned up and he was okay!
Hugs.
Kim

Stephanie September 16, 2009 at 7:29 AM  

Again, what a MESS!! :-)

He's a cute perpetrator, though! :-P

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP