Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Tempt My Tummy Tuesdays- Egg Bread

Once in a while, for breakfast, I'll make something my mom used to make for me when I was a little girl. It's called Egg Bread. I don't know where she got it from, or if she just made it up, but it's been a well-loved breakfast my whole life. Now, I'm passing it on to my own kids; Dan, my husband, loves it too. He was really surprised when I made it this morning (he just likes to eat the holes I cut out of the bread.:)) . So, here is how you make it.

Egg Bread

Slice of bread (or however many slices you need, depending on how many you're cooking for)
butter
1 egg (again however many you need)
1 slice cheese (however many you need)
Salt & Pepper

Butter your bread on both sides, and cut a hole out of the middle; be sure to stick those holes on the griddle for a crunchy snack. Make sure your griddle is heated up, and stick the bread down on it. Break an egg, and put that egg right in the hole you made in the bread. Then break the yolk with your spatula, and try to spread the egg around just a bit on your bread. Salt and pepper, to taste. Once it seems done on one side, flip the whole egg bread over, and let cook for a couple minutes more. When it seems to be just about done, add the cheese, and let it melt. Then, voila, you have egg bread, a tasty breakfast treat.:) Thanks, Mom, for sharing this with me back in the day.:)

For more Tempt My Tummy Tuesdays, link up with BlessedwithGrace.

7 comments:

MadeInCanarias August 18, 2009 at 4:13 AM  

My mom made it for us when we were children but we didn't use chees. I will try your recipe ;)

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart August 18, 2009 at 5:38 AM  

I made these for my family the other day and my 7 year old was just amazed by them! LOL They are so fun to make.
Hugs
Kim

AudreyO August 18, 2009 at 9:00 AM  

Oh goodness. My niece asked me for "eggs n cream" or at least that was how I was understanding it. I could not figure it out until my sister finally said "oh she wants eggs in a frame" She of course wanted what you're describing here LOL.

Brenda August 18, 2009 at 10:48 AM  

Great breakfast for a school day!

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace August 18, 2009 at 11:56 AM  

Oh, that sounds good. I will try this. Thanks for the recipe and joining us for Tempt My Tummy Tuesday.

annies home August 18, 2009 at 2:50 PM  

i think my teens would love this

Emily @ Marvelous Recipes August 18, 2009 at 5:21 PM  

I think I'll give this a try this weekend! Sounds really good! Thanks for sharing with us! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP