Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Gratituesday- A School Room

Last year at this time, I was honestly wishing for a school room. We lived in a really tiny house, with barely enough room to get around our desk in the living room. Jacob did most of his school on the couch with a binder to write on, squeezed in at my desk, or at the kitchen table; don't get me wrong; learning can occur anywhere, anytime; but sometimes, it just got a little hairy.:) This year, though, we are sooooooo blessed to have an actual school room. I'm so excited! I'm so grateful for this room....I just can't say it enough! I've been so excited to decorate it up and get it ready, so I thought I'd show you a few pictures.:) Yep, I got a little carried away....:) This is my messy nook....:)where all my thinking, planning, and writing occurs....Here's my little pre-preschooling man....have several things up my sleeve to try to keep him occupied this year....(note to self: Good luck with that!):)LOL The best part is that most of the stuff came from Dollar Tree with just a few things from Mardel....can you believe that I got those two very cute, fabric storage boxes at the Dollar Tree for $1?! It's just too much fun! Anyway, just to say, I'm so thankful for our school room; God is good, isn't He?!

For more Gratituesday, link up with Heavenly Homemakers.

6 comments:

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart August 18, 2009 at 7:04 AM  

I will not have school room envy.
I will not have school room envy.
I will not have school room envy.
LOL! That looks wonderful my friend and a great environment to be creative!
I hope you have a great school year.
Hugs.
Kim

Nina August 18, 2009 at 8:39 AM  

I love have a schoolroom also. It is awsome. I love the way you have yours decorated. It is all bright and cheery. Jacob has to love that. Enjoy!

The Woodall family August 18, 2009 at 9:08 AM  

I love it! We also are blessed with a wonderful school room...it is a wonderful convenience! I can't wait to hear what your tricks are for entertaining the preschooler! I need help with that, too!

Tana August 18, 2009 at 9:55 AM  

I'm a long time home schooler who has dreamed of a schoolroom forever, so big congrats. Love the dollar tree..

Goat Gal August 18, 2009 at 10:27 AM  

I'm with Kim. I as well will not have school room envy. What a great room!

Rose Casell August 19, 2009 at 12:24 PM  

I'm echoing the Real Me up there. . . lol! it looks great!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP