Tuesday, June 2, 2009

What Have We Done?

Well, it's time for me to 'fess up....I know you've all been seeing me post about PA homeschool laws and having to figure that all out. Well, there's a reason.....


We are moving to PA, and it is happening really soon. We are buying Dan's gram's old farmhouse with about 20 acres, where we plan to hopefully start an organic nursery in the near future, where we can supply restaurants, stores, etc, and even be more self-sufficient for ourselves. We also plan to adopt in the near future, all depending on God's timing. We are feeling like God is calling us to some sort of ministry in NYC, and where we are moving will only be about 2 1/2-3 hours from there. With wanting to adopt, things may somehow work out to where we can do foster care to adoption, even with kids out of the inner city....we're not sure, but God knows all that. We may even adopt internationally someday. I plan to continue on staying at home and continue with homeschooling the boys and further my writing career, since writing has become a passion.

Now that that's all out, here comes the hard part.....I have to leave my family behind, which is honestly killing me inside. I feel very responsible for my parents, and I'm very close with them.....we have good friends here and not far away that we will be leaving.....and not only that, but I finally got to see pictures of our new "dream home".....now before you look below, please try to picture the potential we see when we look at this opportunity God has placed before us. Honestly, when I first looked at the pics, I burst out in tears.....so just prepare yourselves......but with the future we are hoping for, this could honestly be the hand of God placing this before us, so that's how I'm trying to wrap my mind and heart around this. The inside of the house is great! And really it just needs a good coat of paint on the outside and some cosmetics and some serious porch work, which could turn it right around. So, with bated breath.....here goes......all in the name of keepin' it real.......oy vei......
Ok, so now here's a pic of the porch, which I can see great potential in.....hanging baskets of beautiful flowers, a porch swing with beautiful pillows......rose bushes climbing trellises, etc.......
So, there it is.....I'm very stressed out and emotional right now, especially having just seen these pics, but I know that God is in this, and I just need to ask you to pray for me in these coming weeks, as we will face many changes, especially for my attitude in leaving my own family behind and moving closer to Dan's family, just that I can leave everything in God's hands.....after all, He's in control. He knows my heart right now, and He knows what all I can handle.....I just need to trust Him, which is sometimes better said than done......at this point, it'd be so much easier to just throw up our hands and move towards Springfield/Ozark, but is that what God wants? I mean, this is truly a once in a lifetime opportunity for us, especially considering what we want to do with the rest of our lives.....He's in control!

2 comments:

Jenn June 2, 2009 at 9:49 PM  

Oh, Mel, I think it's GORGEOUS! Wow! I see a beautiful farmhouse. You are absolutely living my dream with those 20 acres of organic awesomeness. That's a word, right?

Unknown June 3, 2009 at 3:26 PM  

Wow...this could be sooooo awesome!! I love old houses...shortly after my husband and I got married we almost got one. The house was free but it had to be moved....we're talking late 1800's Victorian style home here...but after calculating the cost of moving the whole house and repairing...it would never have been worth it...or gotten done lol....just stopping by from SITS...hope to see you over at my place!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP