Monday, June 22, 2009

We're Alive!

Well, we are here, home sweet home! We finally were able to take the moving truck back today....with a heat index of 105 right now, the garage will have to wait until after dark to be dealt with....poor Dan is just tuckered out! (Shhh....don't tell him I took this!) LOLOn Saturday, we grossly underestimated the time with this whole move and how long it would take. I think we finally left the old house around 10:30 at night, getting up here around 12:30; it took longer because the truck was slower driving. Then, here comes the hilarious part; not really, because we were so dead tired and becoming very irritable by this time. We had to keep unpacking the truck until we could at least find the kids' beds/towels. Well, I'm happy to say we found the kids' beds, so we set them up, of course, without bedding, but hey, ya can't have it all! The poor kids were such troopers the whole day; it got a little hairy there for a while, but they really were! Of course, Jacob was just excited because he got to stay up really late! Then, we hunted for the towels because we desperately just wanted a shower; and we couldn't find the toilet paper either! We felt so sweaty and grimy and just plain hot! Well, we never were able to find the towels until Sunday, so that first night, we ended up drying off with paper towels....what an experience, let me tell ya! If you've never tried to dry your back with perforated paper towels, you ain't missin' a thing! LOL We can laugh about it now, though.....we did finally end up going to sleep on the couches around 5am Sunday morning, missing church on Sunday, and then Dan was up until 4am this morning; I could only hack it until around 1 or 2.

I'm happy to say that we are now sort of starting to make some headway on unpacking, though. My kitchen's halfway done, and our closet in the master bedroom looks good....Dan finally has some shirts!Moving comes with a price, but it was so worth it! We have so much more room now, and we just are so thrilled with the house and everything so far. So, just wanted to update you all and let you know how it's going....our office/schoolroom might be a disaster for the next few days, but it's all starting to come together....

5 comments:

Meaghan June 22, 2009 at 5:29 PM  

Ugh...hate moving especially in the summer..yuck!

Also, I wanted to invite you to my raffle on Spirit Jump. $1 for 1 ticket and each week (starting Sundays) we have new prizes like airline tickets, grills, jewelry...All $ goes to fight cancer.

http://www.spiritjump.com
Twitter @spiritjump

Rose Casell June 23, 2009 at 5:46 AM  

Yech. I've moved close to 30 times in my life. I've learned how to pack and label so that stuff doesn't happen to me. Haha!

I'm exhausted just reading about it!

LinLori June 23, 2009 at 4:09 PM  

Congrats on surviving the move!! It can be difficult but isn't it such an awesome feeling of accomplishment at least having all your belongings together in the same house again? Love it. Enjoy the new home, enjoy unpacking and getting settled in - it looks gorgeous!

Miss Ruthie Aileen June 23, 2009 at 7:53 PM  

that is so funny...the paper towel thing...
glad to see that the move is behind you! how stressful right?

I am dreading the day we have to move if matt can't get a teaching job around here. oh well God will give me His strength

jmt June 24, 2009 at 3:07 PM  

Moving and unpacking and setting up can be a LOT of fun though....just feels so new and fresh. :) I hope you enjoy it. I'm in the MO heat as well, but I didn't have to move so I was LOVIN' it. I'm a heat lover, though. I'm popping in from SITS roll call. Happy Hump Day!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP