Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Tempt My Tummy Tuesdays- Mom's Peach Cobbler

Mmmmm....it's that time of year again, when the peaches start to ripen, and I make my mom's recipe for peach cobbler. Enjoy!

Peach Cobbler

Crust
2 cups flour
3-4 tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup oil
3-4 tbsp milk
Mix all of these ingredients together, and then press into a baking dish, making sure to save back at least 1/3 of crust mixture for topping.

Filling
5-6 peaches, depending on size
1/2-2/3 cup sugar
salt
1/2 tbsp corn starch
butter
cinnamon
Peel and slice up peaches, mixing with sugar, salt, corn starch, and cinnamon. Then add filling into crust, and add just a few slices of butter on top of mixture. Then crumble remaining crust over top of filling. Start oven at 425 degrees, and bring down to 375 degrees. Bake for 40 min-1 hour.

For more Tempt My Tummy Tuesdays, link up with Lisa.

3 comments:

Lynn June 30, 2009 at 4:55 PM  

This sounds yummy :)

The Redhead Riter July 2, 2009 at 1:36 AM  

Visiting from SITS...peach cobbler is among my very, very favorite. Of course, it is completely fat free and 100% healthy too...LOL

Nicole Feliciano July 10, 2009 at 9:10 AM  

Yum! I tried my hand at Soft Shell crabs this week. I hope you'll stop by my recipe exchange. http://momtrends.blogspot.com/2009/07/friday-feasts-soft-shell-crab.html

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP