Monday, June 1, 2009

Daybook for June 1, 2009


FOR TODAY, Monday, June 1, 2009 ...
Outside my window...
it is sunny and warm.
I am thinking...that we had so much fun this weekend.

I am thankful for...good friends; friends who share like values; friends who desire to raise their kids in a Christian home.

From the learning rooms...we start 2nd grade this week! We're just doing a little bit through the summer to kind of stay refreshed and stay on top of things....we start Singapore Math, which I'm so excited about.

From the kitchen...tonight will be Garden Style Club sandwiches with veggies and fruit.

I am wearing...green bermudas/capris and blue Colorado t-shirt.

I am creating...a whole portfolio/schedule/packet for when we arrive in PA; have so much to do to get ready for the homeschooling laws up there.

I am going...nowhere today, hopefully, except to mow the property later on.

I am reading...The Way They Learn(almost finished) and The Hole in Our Gospel by the president of World Vision.

I am hoping...that Jacob will not feel so sad today; there were many tears yesterday, leaving Noah's house; they bonded immediately and had so much fun together; I think they could be best buds for a long time.

I am hearing...the boys playing with their little guitar and cars.
Around the house...have to dust, vacuum, and mop today and just catching up on a little laundry.

One of my favorite things...learning new things; there's always something to learn in every situation, in every place, in every day.

A few plans for the rest of the week: school, keeping up with household stuff, getting prepared to move (which I'll post about this week), possibly closing on the property if everything comes through ok, baking for Amanda's yard/bake sale, errands/groceries, going away party for Amanda Sunday at Bado, etc.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing...(I got this from Sarah's blog, Mommy's Musings. This is siblings, waiting to be adopted in an Ethiopian orphanage. Rosie absolutely stole our hearts this weekend, and when Sarah told me that only 40% of orphans in the orphanage will be adopted, it broke my heart. We plan to adopt, eventually; we're trying to get things on track, but we are definitely planning on adopting (whether internationally or domestic), and we're hoping to do so within the next couple of years. This is something we feel God is calling us to do, and when you see these children's faces, it's very heart wrenching....I can't imagine going there in person and holding them, then having to leave them behind, as Sarah had to do. These children deserve arms to hold them and love them and take care of them; Rosie's story is like that of many of the kids over there; it's so sad, but we can do something about this; as Christians, as Christ's followers, we can and should do something about this.)

For more Simple Woman, link up with Peggy.

4 comments:

Debbie Phillips June 1, 2009 at 10:29 AM  

I like to read the Simple Woman's Daybook entries that are near my name in the list. You got yours done just before me.

Just stopping to read and say hi.
Great post.

What part of PA are you moving to? We live in Northern Delaware. I have Family in the Southeastern PA area and the Pocono Area and my husband has family in the center of the very West of PA.

A member of our church is working on adoption right now and trying to raise funds for it.

Debbie
http://debbiesdigest.blogspot.com

Jerralea June 1, 2009 at 11:57 AM  

Great daybook!

I agree with you when you said your favorite thing was "learning new things; there's always something to learn in every situation, in every place, in every day.

That's why I'm never bored. You can always find something new to do if you look hard enough. There's a world of wonder out there!

Dejoni June 1, 2009 at 3:47 PM  

What a beautiful post!!! Thanks for stopping by my SITS feature.

Debbie Phillips June 1, 2009 at 6:06 PM  

I wanted to come back and say thanks for becoming a follower of my blog. I hope you find encouragement and laughs and comment often.

I will try to visit your blog too but I have so many I am following. I will have to see. I may be dropping some of them that don't interest me as much so maybe I will follow your blog instead.

Have a great week. Oh and I have a Blog Carnival that I do on Tuesdays. Come check it out and participate tomorrow if you want to, it is called Blast From The Past.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP