Monday, May 4, 2009

Motivate Me Monday- Reclaim Your Life!

Sarah Mae over at Like a Warm Cup of Coffee is challenging us this week to reclaim our lives. I can totally get where she's coming from; honestly, I really can. My eyes are beginning to open to the fact that I've been viewing my life as almost a drudgery at times and even my children, as Sarah Mae says, like "burdens." I know that I am truly blessed to have my children and a husband who loves me unconditionally, especially with the attitudes and irritability I carry around some days. Believe me, I love them with all of my heart, but I have to admit that most days lately, all I can think about is how much there is to do, how much I might be behind on, how loudly the kids are running around screaming; even some days I feel sorry for myself thinking that I never get a break; but what do I want a break from? Am I thinking of my kids as a job, where I'd get breaks and vacations? If so, I'm certainly not thinking of them as gifts from God, blessings bestowed upon me, a ministry of the highest calling. Tonight as I stood doing dishes, my husband was teasing me saying he was going to watch tv, and I challenged myself right then and there not to make a smart remark; I challenged myself to look at doing those dishes and cleaning up my sink as an act of love, an act of love for my family, so that we have a clean place where we can prepare food....I had read Sarah Mae's post earlier today, and it's had me pondering all day. So, I challenge you to join her challenge and reclaim your life! Don't let everyday situations take away your joy; rather, let's see the joy inside of each situation God places before us. Join Sarah Mae tomorrow for more; seriously, check it out! Together, with God, we can reclaim our joy!

For more Motivate Me Monday, link up with Sarah Mae.

1 comments:

Lisa May 4, 2009 at 8:41 PM  

SUCH A GREAT POST. THANK YOU FRIEND FOR SHARING.

HUGS FROM MAINE

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP