Monday, May 4, 2009

Motivate Me Monday- Reclaim Your Life!

Sarah Mae over at Like a Warm Cup of Coffee is challenging us this week to reclaim our lives. I can totally get where she's coming from; honestly, I really can. My eyes are beginning to open to the fact that I've been viewing my life as almost a drudgery at times and even my children, as Sarah Mae says, like "burdens." I know that I am truly blessed to have my children and a husband who loves me unconditionally, especially with the attitudes and irritability I carry around some days. Believe me, I love them with all of my heart, but I have to admit that most days lately, all I can think about is how much there is to do, how much I might be behind on, how loudly the kids are running around screaming; even some days I feel sorry for myself thinking that I never get a break; but what do I want a break from? Am I thinking of my kids as a job, where I'd get breaks and vacations? If so, I'm certainly not thinking of them as gifts from God, blessings bestowed upon me, a ministry of the highest calling. Tonight as I stood doing dishes, my husband was teasing me saying he was going to watch tv, and I challenged myself right then and there not to make a smart remark; I challenged myself to look at doing those dishes and cleaning up my sink as an act of love, an act of love for my family, so that we have a clean place where we can prepare food....I had read Sarah Mae's post earlier today, and it's had me pondering all day. So, I challenge you to join her challenge and reclaim your life! Don't let everyday situations take away your joy; rather, let's see the joy inside of each situation God places before us. Join Sarah Mae tomorrow for more; seriously, check it out! Together, with God, we can reclaim our joy!

For more Motivate Me Monday, link up with Sarah Mae.

2 comments:

Lisa May 4, 2009 at 8:41 PM  

SUCH A GREAT POST. THANK YOU FRIEND FOR SHARING.

HUGS FROM MAINE

Tänia May 4, 2009 at 9:52 PM  

I so understand! When I was a young mom, I would think... "If I just had more time for myself, I could get so much more done, be more productive." When the kids were in junior high/high school, I would think... "Sometimes I am nothing more than a taxi. Why can't I just have some time to relax or have a day I am not running ten directions at once?" When the kids were gone and had their own lives... my thought was... "Where did the time go? Why didn't I appreciate them more when they were at home?"

Life is funny... but one thing that you have consistently throughout it all... GOD loves us! He is there for us! He gives us rest when we are weary. He has given us such a wonderful gift called motherhood and I am thankful for His love and guidance.

Blessings to you...

Tänia of Faith Prints & Christian Bloggers

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP