Monday, May 4, 2009

Daybook For May 4, 2009


FOR TODAY, Monday, May 4, 2009...
Outside My Window... it's a little bit chilly today and very cloudy.
I am thinking...all about curriculum and books....my mind just won't stop.
I am thankful for...my kiddos; even though I may chase Jaden nonstop and get tiffed at Jacob sometimes with his new "attitude" that is popping in now and then, I wouldn't trade it for anything!
From the learning rooms...we're kind of doubling up a couple of days on math and phonics, since we're working on the last lessons over the next couple weeks....then we'll review in those two subjects this summer. We're going to make a lapbook for history this week on Moses and the 10 plagues, which should be a lot of fun. And, we're hoping to order some seeds this week, so that Jacob can get some plants started for science. I'm excited just to have some school through the summer but not full blast, full speed ahead...a little break.
From the kitchen...will be my potato veggie chowder tonight.
I am wearing...khakis, yellow tank, and blue polo.
I am creating...a nonfiction story/article this week for that assignment that is overdue, plus a query letter for my instructor to critique.
I am going...to the grocery store later on today.
I am reading...The Way They Learn by Cynthia Ulrich Tobias. I'm already learning things, not just about my kids, but about myself and my husband also. It's such a great book!
I am hoping...that we'll have some sunny days this week, and the property will entice some buyer who's looking for a nice place to live.
I am hearing...Jaden clumping his boot on the floor and the PBS channel for just a couple more minutes.
Around the house...we have to dust, vacuum, and mop today, as usual. Hoping to get some decluttering done in the dining room this week and our bedroom resituated this week maybe.
One of my favorite things...is a warm, gooey, peanut butter chocolate chip cookie right out of the oven.
A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: School; working out; errands and library run; head out to Country Petals Nursery, since it was raining so much last week; Jacob has a Tae Kwon Do tournament this weekend; Mother's Day stuff; etc.
Here is a picture thought I am sharing...

For more Simple Woman, link up with Peggy.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP