Thursday, April 16, 2009

Things I Love Thursday- The Zoo

We love going places with our kids, even just to see their faces light up with wonder and excitement. Yesterday, Jacob had his dentist appointment, so we decided to go to the zoo afterwards for a field trip, since he's been studying animals in science. It turned out to be such a fun time. The boys absolutely loved it, even the "itty bitty" train ride that took all of about 5 minutes.

We got to see the hippo,
who wasn't going to budge out of that mud for anybody, even the zookeeper.:) ( I don't blame him; that muddy water didn't look so hot, but he looked awfully comfy). Jacob and Jaden both got to see their, as Jacob calls them, "monkey-brothers." (Dan used to tell Jacob that he must have a monkey for a brother, since he climbed everything and would jump off of it, like Superman....) This little guy was so hilarious, almost posing for the camera. Jaden was so funny; he would see the animals, and he would start pointing at them and waving his hand, jabbering.
We even had a wildcat that was seriously looking like he was wanting to hunt Jacob, as we were walking by the cage....made me a bit nervous with his pacing and then his hunkering down like he was going to pounce. Must have been Jacob's red hat or something. My personal favorites were the elephants and the cheetah. Then, of course, Jacob got to feed a giraffe, who almost stole his hat off his head. Last but not least, who could pass up the reptiles, so fascinating for some young boy I know....Jacob wasn't too sure about getting up close to the window with this one....I think it was either a Boa or a Python. I still can't get over the size of the Anaconda, which I failed to get a picture of. Ewwwww (shiver), I'd hate to meet up with one of those. Then, of course, the poison frogs (blue dots; they were honestly fluorescent blue and yellow, really beautiful).:)I'm thinking with the next dentist appointment, maybe the Discovery Center?:)

6 comments:

Sarah Mae April 16, 2009 at 7:06 PM  

Looks like your kiddos had a great time! I hate zoo's - they make me so sad when I see the animals locked up (no, I am not a memeber of PETA). But alas, I am sure I will take my kiddos to the zoo - it is a wonder to them! :)

Mel at Adventures of Mel April 16, 2009 at 7:13 PM  

I know what you mean...with this zoo, in particular, I have a hard time because some of the animals are just so skinny....and we had went there a couple of years ago, and we were not happy at all with the conditions. But we decided to try it again, and it was better yesterday. I always think that they should be in the wild where they belong, but on the other hand, it's nice to be able to see them and show our kids, so it's kind of bittersweet to me. We did have a good time, though.

Taylor April 16, 2009 at 9:20 PM  

I ca't wait to take my little one to the zoo. Maybe this summer?

Noel April 16, 2009 at 9:25 PM  

I love the picture of the hippo! Great fun :)

Katie April 17, 2009 at 12:28 AM  

My daughter LOVES the zoo, we go a lot and belong to ours. It's such a fun trip for her.

Rhen @yestheyareallmine April 17, 2009 at 10:23 PM  

We love going to the zoo! Every time we go to AL to visit our families we take the time to go to the Montgomery Zoo. So many baby animals.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP