Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Tempt My Tummy Tuesday- Quick Yummy Snack

My sister was recently here visiting, and she had a snack that she shared with all of us....graham crackers with a layer of peanut butter and a layer of marshmallow cream on top of that. I know what you're thinking, calories galore, right? Not too fast. I'm always on the hunt for a snack that will be filling, yet not put my caloric intake way up sky high. So, I decided to make this snack just a little bit healthier, with less sodium, less calories, less carbs, and less sugars than with a graham cracker.


quaker man Pictures, Images and Photos

Quaker brand Rice Cakes now come in a Chocolate Crunch flavor....so I take one of these chocolate rice cakes (who doesn't love chocolate?! even better), and put a thin layer of peanut butter, then a layer of marshmallow cream. Altogether, this snack should be about 160-180 calories, depending on how thick your layers are. Really not bad for those days when you crave something sweet, but you don't want to go all out by munching on cookies or snack cakes. The peanut butter is where you'll find most of your calories, but I love peanut butter because it gives me energy. Anyway, a great snack can go a long way....enjoy!


For more Tempt My Tummy Tuesday, link up with Blessed with Grace.

4 comments:

Janet April 28, 2009 at 2:48 PM  

Sounds very satisfying.

Sharon April 28, 2009 at 5:35 PM  

What a great idea to cut calories! Sounds like a great snack for the kids....and me! LOL! Thanks!

Sarah April 28, 2009 at 9:43 PM  

Oh that sounds yummy! I love marshmallow cream.
I never buy it because I'll eat it straight out of the jar until it's all gone. haha!

Emily @ Marvelous Recipes May 1, 2009 at 12:42 PM  

This would make a great snack for my daycare kids. Thanks for sharing!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP