Monday, April 27, 2009

Motivate Me Monday- Little Blessings

When I started thinking about this post, I wanted to tell you about how much weight I lost in my first week of really working out and eating right, but yesterday while at church, my thinking took a 360. As the service was starting, our pastor got up and announced that we needed to pray for a family who lived next door to a couple in our church. They had gone to wake their seven year old boy up that very morning, and he wouldn't wake up; he was simply gone....God had taken him home. To me, it was just a blow to my mind and heart, just thinking what that family must be going through; our Jacob is just seven years old.I kept thinking of the times I've put other things ahead of my boys, times when I've been too harsh; times I've let them go without hugging them or telling them how much I love them. Tears started to form, and the church became so silent, you could have heard a pin drop; then whispers started all over. The shock of it all hit home for most of us....it hit home for us to love our children....enjoy what time we have with them. They are "little blessings," little people who need our love and guidance. Something like this may cause us to question God's timing and His plan, but in the end, love your children today. Spend time just talking to them, getting to know them, teaching them, loving them, hugging them and showering them with kisses. Make every second and every moment count because we just don't know when it could be our last, or sadly, incomprehensibly even, their last. Love the "little blessings" in your life today.

For more Motivate Me Monday, link up with Sarah Mae.

2 comments:

katylinvw April 27, 2009 at 5:46 PM  

amen! what an important reminder! :) thanks for sharing!

thekreativelife April 27, 2009 at 9:13 PM  

What a very touching post! Thank you so much for the reminder. It's so very important to enjoy every moment with our children!

God Bless!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP