Monday, March 16, 2009

Motivate Me Monday- Are You In A Funk?

I have to admit, I'm in sort of a funk right now. Last night, my really good friend told me that she envies my freedom and boldness in writing. Now, I don't exactly feel bold; in fact, most of the time, I feel like I should be asking myself whether or not what I'm writing is real; I have to make sure that I'm real and not fake. Believe me, I am no perfect Christian by any means....in fact, right now, I'm going through some kind of funk in my Christian walk. For some reason, I have lost the desire to go to church (no, I'm not staying home; we are going to church), but the desire is just lacking. I try to pray, and I try to trust God for everything, but it seems like lately, I feel myself slowly giving up. I don't want to give up at all, but I can feel it with every discouraging thing that comes along and with every bit of bad news (I know a lot of people feel this way right now with all the world events going on). I sort of feel like doing this....

ostrich Pictures, Images and Photos

BUT, I'm here to say that I'm not going to give up, and neither should you, because as my husband tells me, that is Satan, and he wants us to give up; that would make him the happiest if we were to give up. We are not alone; we have God, and He has given us each other to hold each other up. So, this morning, I kept my ritual of getting up and reading my Bible; I may feel like I'm in a funk, but I have to keep reading and soaking myself in those verses each and every day. Only then can God speak to me and help me get through this funk. Are you going through a funk right now? Just open your Bible, and read one verse. I promise you, it will help you; just one verse can speak to your heart. Keep fighting to get yourself out of that funk; together, we can do this.... "Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says, "Oh no, she's awake."
For more motivation, link up with Like A Warm Cup Of Coffee.

5 comments:

Gayle March 16, 2009 at 9:28 AM  

I was in that same funk... until today! Hang in there. Stay in the Word! God has plans for you. My pastor preached on how the enemy comes after us when we are heading into our purpose. Use this time to learn and grow. Pour out your heart to God... He'll lift you up! Be blessed.

The Peacock Pearl March 16, 2009 at 9:41 AM  

we all go through those funks for sure.
good job not giving up... keep pressing forward, we're here with you!

Anonymous March 16, 2009 at 9:41 AM  

praying for you...I get in a funk sometimes...and to get out of it I try to get invovled in something! it is hard but it keeps me motivated and on my toes....

T!ff@ny March 16, 2009 at 10:02 AM  

Though you might feel like you are in a funk your words are motivating. Personally I feel like I wrote that about MYSELF b/c you have expressed what I have felt recently but that I haven't been able to put in writing.

Lisa March 16, 2009 at 10:02 AM  

YOU KNOW, I GOT GOING EARLY, AND GOT SO MUCH ACCOMPLISHED, NOW I'M REALLY IN A FUNK.

WEIRD, HOW DID YOU KNOW.

HUGS FROM MAINE

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP