Tuesday, March 17, 2009

GratiTuesday- Mrs. Nancy Bailey

People come in and out of our lives, almost like seasons. I believe that God has a reason for every single person that crosses our path. Today, I am thankful for Mrs. Nancy Bailey. Back in college, when I was going through a particularly life-changing, very sticky, very rough situation, she was one person who was there to just listen and give little tidbits of advice. She was the mom of a good friend, Tim, and I remember going over and having a holiday dinner with them and also going over after this very sticky situation had begun. I sat on their front steps, sort of pouring my heart out, feeling like my life was over (I was young and very naive), and she was just there. There are times in our lives where we need others in our lives who will just be there, and she was.

Now she needs our prayers. Here is an email I got from Tim and Steph last night:

Hey this is an urgent prayer request,
It's major because of the high risk posed. Tim's mom (Nancy Bailey) is dealing with some restrictive health issues. She has also given permission to Tim to share this for prayer.

1) Osteomalacia which is basically a softening of the bones, it makes them more prone to breakage. This could be why her sternum broke as bad as it did when she had the car accident last winter 2008 and why she is having such trouble with her knees since her fall in church and elbows now.

2) New to all of us is Carotid Artery Stenosis. This is where the high risk comes in as it can be suddenly deadly if something loosens up ( a clot ) as it can go to her brain or heart. A recent ultrasound showed solid spots on both sides of her neck. Surgery is basically the only thing to do, but very risky. Complicating this surgery is high cholesterol and high blood pressure, she is having issues with these again. They lose their insurance the end of this month. So Dad is trying to figure that part out.
Updates will come as we learn more. Thank you to all for your prayers. This is what the body of Christ is supposed to be doing for each other. Let's keep it up and pray more.

Blessings,

Tim and Stephanie Bailey

So, today, I'm going to pray for her; she may not know how much of an impact she had on my life, but she truly did, and I'm so thankful for her.
For more GratiTuesday, link up with Heavenly Homemakers.

2 comments:

Anonymous March 17, 2009 at 6:08 PM  

Wow, how precious. I completely agree with that first line. Amen!

I'm sorry the icons went out for a time. I have so many people using them that it exceed my bandwidth and had to pay for it. :( Ah well, all is well.

Blessings!
Miss Jocelyn

Shawna March 18, 2009 at 3:50 PM  

It is so wonderful how God provides us with the right friends at the right time. Sending prayers for Mrs. Bailey.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP