Thursday, February 12, 2009

Things I Love Thursday- Lake Erie

Well, I now have a love and appreciation for Lake Erie. We were up to visit some friends this weekend in Ohio, and I caught some pics of the frozen lake near the Eastlake area and the Headlands area. It was absolutely beautiful, and I can't imagine the beauty when it isn't frozen over. Enjoy!:)


Can you imagine sitting on this swing in the summer dusk with your hubby, just watching the waves come in and the seagulls soar?


For more Things I Love Thursday, visit Diaper Diaries.

6 comments:

Anonymous February 12, 2009 at 5:48 PM  

I grew up about 15 minutes from Lake Erie. I love that Lake. I hae some good memories with friends there. I am glad you got to see it frozen...have you ever seen niagara falls frozen?

Mel at Adventures of Mel February 12, 2009 at 8:12 PM  

Ya know, I have never even been to Niagara Falls; I really want to, though.:) I bet that would look really awesome! The lake was almost a little surreal, almost creepy being frozen. Then at church they had told us that a big group of ice fishermen had actually gotten stuck in the lake; the ice they were on actually broke off from the rest, and they had to be rescued a long ways out. What a story to tell! That would be one for the grandkids.:)

thediaperdiaries February 12, 2009 at 8:41 PM  

I live close to Lake Michigan and have grown to have a deep love of the Great Lakes. I have been to Lake Erie once and want to spend more time on them.

janetfaye February 12, 2009 at 11:08 PM  

I grew up near Lake Erie. I sure remember the freezing winters!

UnfinishedMom February 13, 2009 at 7:55 AM  

really beautiful!

Aspiring Mom2three February 13, 2009 at 2:43 PM  

I love your blog! We are a homeschool family as well, but I've never been Lake Erie. I see you're doing the 1Corth. challenge!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP