Friday, February 6, 2009

Show And Tell Saturdays

One year when we were first married, and we didn't have very much money, Dan went out and bought me a 12 pack of my favorite soda, Caffeine Free Dr. Pepper, and he wrote a small note on each can with reasons of why he loved me. That has long been my favorite gift. But since I didn't have a picture of that, my next favorite gift would have to be a book that he bought me one Christmas. It's a book by Bodie Theone called First Light, but what makes it so special is that he got the author to sign it. She was in Springfield for a book signing, and he was able to get it, knowing she was one of my favorite Christian authors.So, there are my favorites.....want to see more Show and Tell Saturdays? Head on over to Homesteaders Heart.

6 comments:

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart February 7, 2009 at 5:37 AM  

I absolutely loved the first story. Oh the most precious gifts don't cost a lot of money and they are usually the most heartfelt. And how sweet on the book. To think that he made such an effort is so wonderful. Thanks for sharing your memories.
Hugs.
Kim

Anonymous February 7, 2009 at 6:04 AM  

dan's a sweetheart! you are so blessed!

Sweet Blessings February 7, 2009 at 6:42 AM  

Go Hubby!! Have a blessed Saturday! amanda:)

Brenda @ Tie That Binds Us February 7, 2009 at 9:16 AM  

I can think of a few times when the littlest things were the best gifts because someones heart was behind the gift. THank you for sharing! Brenda @ http://www.ourlifestyleoflearning.ning.com

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet February 7, 2009 at 9:24 AM  

Small things can mean so much! What a wonderful hubby you have!

Maritez February 11, 2009 at 1:46 AM  

I love the soda cans with notes...that is too funny, but SO sweet :D

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP