Tuesday, February 17, 2009

GratiTuesday

Even though this is hard for me to say, I am grateful for days like today, when my son wakes up retching in the next room. "Why?" you say. Because it makes days like yesterday seem heavenly. It makes me appreciate the good days even more. It makes me appreciate the good times with my children even more. It makes me appreciative that my children are overall healthy with few sick days compared to children with a life-threatening illness, such as cancer or leukemia. Days like this make me love my children even more. So, even though I may complain and may distress over days like this, it really is all good.
For more GratiTuesday, check out Laura's blog.

3 comments:

Anonymous February 17, 2009 at 11:21 AM  

hope the little guy feels better and that no one else gets sick!
I appreciate your spirit of thankfulness even for the bad days!

Anonymous February 17, 2009 at 12:06 PM  

Visiting from GratiTuesday ...
How very insightful you are to recognize your blessings in the midst of a storm! I recently read a VERY good post on one of my favorite blogs, about not 'checking out mentally' when we are in the midst of a storm. Maybe you would enjoy it as much as I did:

http://chatswithanoldlady.blogspot.com/2009/02/what-are-you-learning_12.html

Mel at Adventures of Mel February 17, 2009 at 1:20 PM  

Being honest, this morning when we first woke up, I did want to check out mentally. But as the day has gone on, I've kind of been calm and stayed in the moment, so to speak. It's given me a chance to just hold Jaden, when normally I might be too caught up in the "busyness" of every day life. It's just a chance to use those mothering skills to the very best I can. Thank you! I will have to read that blog.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP