Thursday, January 29, 2009

Thrifty Thursday: Grocery Shopping In Your Own Kitchen

Thrifty Jinxy

I don't know about you, but I have a tendency to overdo it when it comes to bargain shopping. My husband says I'm one of those people who just gets sucked right in when it comes to grocery sales. I agree; I am. If it's on sale, and it's something I use, you better believe it will be in my cart, whether or not I need it for that week. Which can be a good thing sometimes, but not all of the time, especially when you're trying to stick to a budget and actually save money. I also tend to buy groceries that I really don't need because I don't realize that my cupboard is already overflowing with that particular item. Today, I got an email from Heather over at CSAHM. She had an article by Sandra Jensen called, "Desperate Cooking for Tight Budgets." (Sandra has also written an ebook, Freezing It and Loving It). One part of the article talked about taking an inventory of everything you have in both cabinets and freezer. So, today I got my behind in my kitchen and started taking an inventory. It is truly amazing how much stuff can actually fit into 3 lonely cabinets; I never would have guessed. I haven't even made it to the freezer yet, but I'm guessing that I probably will be able to plan most of this next week's meals by just grocery shopping in my own kitchen. Sure, some things I'll still have to run out and get, but this could be an easy week on the wallet and the budget. For more great Thrifty Thursday tips, head on over to Thrifty Jinxy.

2 comments:

Sarah Mae January 29, 2009 at 9:26 PM  

Hi Mel - sorry its been one of "those" days for you as well...too bad we are aren't near each other to share in chocolate and company.

:)

Lisa January 30, 2009 at 8:47 AM  

YOU BLOG FRIEND, ARE A SMART WIFE/MOM. THANKS FOR COMING BY MY BLOG. I HAVE ENJOYED YOURS. HUGS FROM MAINE http://sophie4me.blogspot.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP