Friday, January 16, 2009

Stuck in a Rut Where Art is Concerned?

So, as a homeschooling momma, I'm always trying to find tools and things I can use to help out. In organizing a new schedule and all, I realized that Art had been sorely lacking, when it came to school in our house. So, we decided to change that, and I was on the hunt for new ideas, since Jacob and I had kind of gotten bored with the art book we had gotten at the beginning of the year. I came across this really cool website called Art Projects for Kids, and I have fallen in love with it. They have tons of really cool projects that are not only easy to teach, but they are really fun to do too. The projects are grouped by grade, type of project, and even artist. So far, we have done the Watercolor Resist Snowflakes and the How to Draw a House, and they were a hit with Jacob and myself. Even if you don't homeschool, this site has fun projects that you can do anytime with your children, and it gives you special time with them that you might not get otherwise. Jacob just lit up today, and he's looking forward to more Art next week. In fact, I'm thinking of making more time in our schedule for Art. Have a great day!

1 comments:

Jenn January 16, 2009 at 5:41 PM  

This sounds awesome. I have another art book I have to review at the moment, but I'm bookmarking this for later.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP