Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Where Is Their (My) Heart?

So, I know that American Idol is back on and all the rage right now, but I must post about it. Tonight, we were watching last night's episode (gotta love the DVR), and we honestly wondered how some of these people think they can sing. I have to say, though, that my heart was saddened by one thing tonight, when in to the judges walked a young lady (supposed to be a lady) in nothing but a bikini (bra and underwear as Jacob says)(yes, Jacob was watching with us because usually the show is ok for him to watch) and high heels. At first, I wanted to just lash out in anger because I knew why she was doing this, but then it was like an immense sadness just overcame my heart for this young girl. Apparently, she has been taught or has been led to believe that she needs to "sell" her body in order to climb the ladder of success in this life. Has noone told her that she is loved by a Heavenly Father Who would accept her as she is? A Heavenly Father Who does not look at her like Simon and Randy do (in nothing but lust; gag me) but looks at her as a person Who He created for a special purpose in this life? Where are our young girls' hearts in this world? Why do they feel that they need to try to attract all this attention, and not all of it good? Why can they not be confident in the person God has created them to be? Most of all, where is my ministry to these young women? Where do I stand in reaching out to the young girls in my own community? Where do we as Christian women stand in mentoring and leading our young girls, so that they can grow up to be confident, courageous, Christian women who will step out and be different and be used by God?! Where is my heart?

2 comments:

Anonymous January 15, 2009 at 3:27 AM  

I think in general Christian women are "scared" to speak out against so many things (husband respect or lack thereof, modesty, language, quiet gentle correction of other's kids in church) b/c they don't want to look bad. We - christians - have become so lax in dealing with sin that we tned to look the other way and not get involved!
(this goes for me too!)
things like american idol stir up desires to change society in our sleepy hearts and we can start change in our lives and churches...we just have to be willing to be judged and criticized...I often think of Christ and how He was mocked by all but a few...oh to have a drop of His endurance and love for EVERYONE!

Anonymous January 15, 2009 at 3:52 AM  

I have an award for you at my blog...and a funny story too!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP