Friday, January 9, 2009

No Use Crying Over Spilled Milk

Remember how I said I was praying for patience? Well, lately, I've kind of gotten offtrack, but God does not get offtrack. He is still working on me. It's amazing that so many times I fail Him, but it's like learning to ride a bike; I fall, He picks me up, dusts me off, and gets me going again. Last night was just such an opportunity to practice patience, but of course, I failed. I blamed my husband for what happened, when truly, it was my own fault for carrying in too many bags at once. Now that I think back about it, it's kinda hilarious, but it was not at the time. I had gotten back from getting groceries and was carrying in the bags, and Dan was meeting me at the door to put them on the table for me. Well, this trip, I grabbed too many bags and ended up getting my fingers stuck as Dan was trying to take them from me. Long story short, a whole gallon of milk ended up spreading to all corners of our living room floor, including under the tv and over towards the entrance to our shoes. Poor Dan....I don't think I've ever seen him hustle so much in his life! I just froze and panicked and had to walk out the front door before I lost it. Yep, I failed in the whole game of patience. We argued over whose fault it was, when in fact, and yes, I'm admitting, that it was my fault. The task of learning patience is just not so much fun sometimes, but God never gives up on us. So, first of all, don't give up on yourself, and secondly, don't be afraid to admit when you're wrong. Being willing to admit you're wrong is something that can really help a relationship to grow. "....Yes, all of you be submissive to one another, and be clothed with humility, for 'God resists the proud, But gives grace to the humble.'" (1 Peter 5:5b, NKJV) Maybe I should pray for grace too. Have a great Friday!

1 comments:

Gina Conroy January 14, 2009 at 8:12 AM  

I'm still learning patience as well and often play the blame game. But I'm learning...slowly!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP