Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Easy Yum Recipe

This isn't really a full-fledged recipe; my family had given us a family cookbook for our wedding, and I had taken a recipe out of that and kind of made it my own by switching it up a little, and it's become a favorite. Beware, ingredients are really not measured and basically just thrown together. I usually will roast a chicken the day before, and then we use the leftovers from that for 1-2 meals. This is really not the healthiest meal, but it sure is good. Enjoy!:)

Chicken Enchilada Casserole- Crockpot Style

In a bowl, combine the following:
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can other creamy type soup- last night, I used tomato soup
1- 8oz. cream cheese
Salsa or Picante, until it looks and tastes great
Chicken- as much or as little as you would like
You can also add green chilies; sometimes I do, sometimes I don't.

Then, cut about 4-5 tortillas up into triangles.
You'll also need about 1-2 cups shredded cheese, however much your family likes.

Begin by layering a little of the soup mixture in the bottom, just a little bit.
Then layer tortillas, half soup mixture, cheese. Repeat with one more layer.
Depending on your crockpot, set on low, and let cook for 2-4 hours. Another hint is to spray your crockpot with Crisco spray or a nonstick spray, and it helps for easier cleanup too.
Yum!

1 comments:

Jenn January 8, 2009 at 11:31 AM  

This sounds delicious. My sister does something similar but adds a can of black beans. I need to try this.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP