Tuesday, November 18, 2008

This Tuesday Morning

As I sit here this morning, I'm thinking about how our day will go and what we need to accomplish today before we lay our heads down on our pillows again tonight. With school and household chores, it can seem overwhelming at times, but I wouldn't trade a second of it. I've just been feeling so blessed to be able to be at home with my kids. Today started a new sort of schedule for me; getting out of bed at 5:30 wasn't easy; that extra hour of sleep until 6:30 every day has spoiled me, but if I get up earlier, so much can be accomplished just in that first hour. Half of my story for my assignment is done, and here I sit posting. Our minds can just race with everything that needs done, but for today, just enjoy your day, no matter where you are at or what you are doing. Stop and actually look around at either the fall leaves still dropping from the trees one by one or at the snowflakes coming down on your nose, depending where you are at.:) Next week is Thanksgiving, and it's exciting to know that we'll get together with family and have lots of good things to eat. But for now, enjoy this moment, because this moment, you will never get back; it will be gone for eternity. In this moment, either you can do something that will count for that eternity, or you can waste it and let it just slip into eternal nothingness. So, live in this moment, and enjoy it!
Here is something I read last night that really is very powerful; I know not everyone homeschools, but for us mothers, education is what we do when you think about it. No matter if you homeschool or not, we are in the business of educating and training up our children, so here's a very powerful quote:
Education is not filling a pail, but the lighting of a fire. ~William Butler Yeats
Have a wonderful, enjoyable day!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP