Wednesday, November 19, 2008

3 Decades and 1 Year

Wow! Time flies, doesn't it? Today marks 31 years for me. I can't believe I'm already 31! Everyone says how as we get older, we women take it harder every year. Even Dan doesn't seem to believe that I am happy about this. But in all honesty, the last year of my life has been so enlightening for me, and I couldn't be happier to be in my 30's. I feel like I'm finally getting to know myself and really starting to buckle down and just enjoy the ride. Yeah, life gets stressful, and sometimes I have the fleeting thought that with current life expectancies, I am almost halfway there. But it doesn't bother me like I thought it would. It's actually exciting to me to turn a year older because who knows what this new year will bring? What new leaf or "leaves" will we turn over this year? So, yeah, I can't believe 31 is already here, but it's a new year and a fresh start with something new to learn not just about our world, but about myself. They say that every year and every gray hair you add grants you more wisdom. So, today, I pray that I can be granted that wisdom as well. After all, what else are gray hairs good for?:) Now, on to getting through this day so I can have a taste of that raspberry cheesecake from Olive Garden tonight!:)

3 comments:

Anonymous November 19, 2008 at 9:02 AM  

Happy birthday. I myself am not afraid to grow older. I don't really want all the physcially ailments that come with age but they are worth it compared to the life experiences we go through. Each year I grow closer to my family and my kids; my husband is the best friend I could ever find. I hope you enjoy all the new Leaves you will most certainly encounter this year!

Rose Casell November 19, 2008 at 12:43 PM  

I think my 30's are SO much better than my 20's. I have no fear of birthdays at all. I hardly feel 33 1/2 years old. lol. Happy Birthday Mel!

Rose Casell November 19, 2008 at 12:43 PM  

I think my 30's are SO much better than my 20's. I have no fear of birthdays at all. I hardly feel 33 1/2 years old. lol. Happy Birthday Mel!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP