Monday, November 24, 2008

Motivation on a Crazy Monday!

Sometimes we need a little shove to get going on Mondays; I know I do. It's the beginning of a whole new week, and an exciting week at that with Thanksgiving and all. If you're feeling overwhelmed this Monday morning with everything there is to do after the long, messy weekend, then just sit back, grab a coffee (or whatever you like), and take a few minutes to refresh yourself before getting started. Read a devotional, or even connect with other women/mothers just like yourself through their blogs. Just take a few minutes for you before you start. Then make a list of what needs done TODAY; focus on today. Be sure that you take those babysteps (aka: http://flylady.net/) to get everything done, or you will feel very overwhelmed. Put on some good music to get you moving. Just remember, you are not alone; there is probably another mother just down the road who feels the exact same way you do. So, don't go crazy Rambo Mom trying to get everything done at once; just take it one step at a time, and as you start marking your to do list off, you'll be amazed at how good it will feel knowing that you're accomplishing what you set out to do, only in a more relaxed way. Have a great day!:)

4 comments:

Anonymous November 24, 2008 at 8:59 AM  

Oh my goodness Mel! Thanks so much for posting this today. My week is actually calm with little planned other than packing for a trip 5 miles down the road to inlaws on Wednesday and then back home Thursday night to wash clothes to pack again to leave for my parents Fri-Sun! I love thanksgiving and I don't get all rush rush
I checked out that flylady site - I am so going to do this. I Get the house clean then the clutter literally grows back like weeds in a garden! Maybe we can keep each other accountable?
Have a great day!

Mel at Adventures of Mel November 24, 2008 at 12:13 PM  

Sounds like you have a nice Thanksgiving planned. We're just going to my aunt's house on Thursday, so I'll be baking all day Wednesday. Fun times.:)
That sounds great...I tend to get grouchy too when I know I have to vacuum because I know I have to clean up all the clutter first, so it turns out to be a dreaded job.:) I would so love to help keep each other accountable.:)

Nancy Irby November 24, 2008 at 3:13 PM  

Hi. Could you add me to your accountability list, please. It's funny, because I was checking out people's blog in my attempt to stall from getting back to cleaning. I kept starting things and getting distracted by something else that seemed like it should get done right away too. Not in a stressed out type of way, just an annoying "where to begin" feeling....Thank you for your blog! :-)

Mel at Adventures of Mel November 24, 2008 at 5:19 PM  

Sure, the more the merrier!:) And maybe the more we'll get done too!:)LOL

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP