Saturday, October 11, 2008

Autumn




Today we went to Autumnfest here in our small town of Mountain Grove, Missouri. It was such a beautiful day! The sun was shining, and it was a warm fall day. I entered my apple crumb pie in the contest and won third place; I was ecstatic!:) This is the first pie I have ever been able to make that looks good and tastes great! Trust me, I am not a pie maker, but this one has turned out good for me, so I thought I'd give it a try. Another homeschooling mom, Tabby, got second place. Dan opened up his shop, and he started a raffle for a bigscreen tv; we are trying to raise money for Elsie Lherrisson, a missionary in Haiti, who is desperately needing rice to feed the kids that she works with every day. I ended up walking around with the kids, and we found a couple things, one of which Jacob just had to have- a fully loaded marshmallow gun.:) We listened to and watched all the wonderful entertainment that they had. If you've ever watched Gilmore Girls, you'll know what I mean when I say that it had that kind of Stars Hollow feeling today.:) It was such a great day for the community, and there were so many people there. It makes me want to reach out more in this community; I so would like to get involved somehow working with some of the public school kids and just be a light and a mentor for them. I am feeling that little tug on my heart; you know, the one that the Holy Spirit gives you when He wants to use you. Anyway, I just have to say that we are so homesick for New York, but I think that before you can be used by God, you have to learn to be content and be used by Him where you are at, and that is something He has been teaching me lately. I can't remember a time when I have been so content and happy, in the fact that I know I am where He wants me right now in this moment. I know that He is calling us to New York eventually, but for now, I am so content with being in this moment, letting Him use me here as He sees fit. It's an amazing feeling, isn't it?! Here's just a couple pics from today; the rest are on my Facebook profile.

1 comments:

Anonymous October 11, 2008 at 8:07 PM  

Congrats on the pie - WHOOPIE!
I loved what you wrote: before you can be used by God, you have to learn to be content and be used by Him where you are at

I totally understand.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP