Friday, July 18, 2008

Today

So, I finally figured out how to put music on here too; I'm slowly learning.:) I'll have to go in and rearrange it a little and add some more, but it's a start.
So, Jacob went to the dr yesterday, and we found out he has a really bad double ear infection; he has never even complained about his ears, although I should have known because he's been not able to hear me very well lately. That should have been my first clue. It's so bad that he has a big blister on his eardrum. Ouch. So, hopefully, we can get him on the mend. Jaden is just teething now; I think I hear him in there; he has woke up from his nap.:) That's about the only time I can get on here is if he's napping. He is in that exploring stage right now where everything, and I do mean everything, is very interesting to him, and he has to have it. I think he's going to be our temperamental child; fun times.
So, lately, I've been just trying to learn to live in the moment. Too much of the time, we let all the little things upset us, we tend to focus on all the things that need done, and we spend much of our time either working our fingers to the bone to try to keep everything just right, or we worry if it's not getting done. I'm learning lately, though, that my children need me, and if I want them to grow up and reach out, I have to live in the moment with them each and every day. God put us here on this earth for a purpose, and we need to seek out that purpose; He wants us to enjoy our life, not just muddle through it. I think living in the moment for me can be just getting down on the floor and playing with Jaden or reading a book to Jacob or even playing countless rounds of Candyland.:) Even just to see my life as so fortunate; I mean, I have a house, we have a car, we have food on our table. We could definitely be a lot worse off. I guess I'm just trying to say that it's so important for us to truly live, not just every day, but every moment and every single second. We are only here for a short time, and our time could be up tomorrow.
As for that video I'm trying to make of NYC, well, it's coming, albeit slowly and frustratingly. I finally got it uploaded to Google, but now all the pics are fuzzy, so we're trying to fix that. Hopefully, today.

1 comments:

Anonymous July 18, 2008 at 12:11 PM  

I am constantly telling myself to slow down too and live in the moment with my kids...they are only little once and are so very moldable now!
I never ever regret spending time with them instead of doing something for myself....albeit I may have to stay up later to fold the laundry....I can tell it means to much to them that I get down and play!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP