Thursday, March 4, 2010

Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies

In our house, we love anything sweet that involves peanut butter, and we especially love peanut butter and chocolate put together.  Who doesn't?  I found a recipe for Peanut Butter Cookies in Grandma's recipe box, so I made them on Tuesday....they have been devoured.  I made the first couple batches just plain, but then I couldn't resist adding chocolate chips to the last couple batches.  This was a nice, moist, chewy cookie, and they were still fresh the next day.  Enjoy!
Peanut Butter Cookies

1 cup butter (My grandma has a note to cut off 2 tbsp, but I added both sticks whole.)
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup sugar
2 eggs, well beaten
1 cup peanut butter (I used Peter Pan Honey Peanut Butter.)
1 tsp vanilla 
1 tsp baking soda
2 1/2 cups flour
Chocolate Chips (optional)

Cream butter and sugar.  Add beaten eggs, peanut butter, and vanilla.  Sift flour and soda together, and add to mixture.  Mix well.  Roll into balls, and press with fork (My dough was too sticky to press with a fork; you might try chilling the dough, if you're not in a hurry).  Bake in pre-heated oven at 375 degrees for about 10 minutes.  Makes 4 1/2 dozen. 

4 comments:

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart March 4, 2010 at 6:15 AM  

Oh you're killing me here. I LOVE peanut butter AND adding chocolate chips just makes it more like heaven! LOL!

Hugs
Kim

Unknown March 4, 2010 at 11:51 AM  

Hi,
Following from MBC.

Joanna
http://parentingachildwithautismourstory.blogspot.com

Loving learning at Home March 4, 2010 at 3:22 PM  

What a great post. We love cookies here. I'm a little slow but I think I just figured out you're connection to Mamma Buzz!. Love your blog.

Barbara March 5, 2010 at 7:31 AM  

Visiting from SITS...cookies sounds delish!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP