Thursday, December 17, 2009

Sentimental Ornaments


The boys and I set to work on Christmas gifts for the grandparents last week.  We got the idea for the Christmas tree pictures from Jenn's Advent Box and the ideas for the ornaments from The Fifth Street Palace, as well as Home Grown Hearts.

We made handprint Christmas trees with thumbprint ornaments, 


and then we made handprint snowmen on ornaments; I ended up doing the detail work on the snowmen, but that little chubby handprint is just precious.  



At first, I wasn't so sure how our projects were turning out; we had lots of smears, and I had to keep washrags handy to wipe off the ornaments and try again....plus Jacob couldn't quite get the hang of handprints at first.  I was beginning to wonder how these ladies can make it look so easy.:)  Crafting with kids is just not that easy for me....oh, it's fun, but halfway through a big project, I sometimes end up wanting to say words Mommies should just not say....LOL (just keepin' it real here).  But, we ended up having a lot of fun, once we got through the initial practice sessions, and the boys ended up with some really cute, sentimental gifts for the grandparents.  I also used the tag idea to make it even more special.  We were supposed to use clear ornaments, and I wish that we could have, but we were trying to use what we had, plus the ornaments we had gotten at the dollar store.  All in all, though, they still turned out ok.


Some day, those little handprints are going to be big handprints....I just can't imagine that day, and I don't really like to think about it.  That's why these memories are just too precious not to write down. 


Merry Christmas!  Get craftin'!:)

Join in with 'Tis the Season Thursday with The Fifth Street Palace.

11 comments:

Goat Gal December 16, 2009 at 11:02 PM  

Oh they turned out so great! Very very cute!

Buckeroomama December 16, 2009 at 11:39 PM  

Ooh, I`m really loving those handprint snowmen on the ornaments! We made handprint Santa cards this year. It`s really fun (but messy!) doing Christmas crafts with the kiddies, isn`t itÉ

Unknown December 17, 2009 at 1:38 AM  

Very cute! You are so creative! Saw you on SITS!

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart December 17, 2009 at 6:14 AM  

Very cute my friend. They turned out fabulous. And what a cute idea.
Hugs
Kim

Montessori Moments December 17, 2009 at 7:20 AM  

Very very cute!
Stopping by from SITS!
Come on over to say hello...I love Crafts too!

Cinnamon Hollow December 17, 2009 at 10:32 AM  

These are all so cute! Thanks for visiting Cinnamon Hollow. I'm also following from MBC and SITS. Merry CHRISTmas!

Millennium Housewife December 17, 2009 at 11:54 AM  

Hanging my head in bad Mummy shame. You MADE all this?! Err I'm sure I'll make all ours too....

Danielle December 17, 2009 at 12:32 PM  

They turned out so cute.

Stopping by from SITS.

Annette December 17, 2009 at 2:56 PM  

I just love those snowman ornaments. I homeschool my children as well and I think I will have to use this idea, what great gifts they would make.

Candy and Cake Sugar Designs December 19, 2009 at 2:52 PM  

Great Christmas craft to do with the kids now that the kids are out of school..and great memories too!
Happy SITS Day and Have a wonderful Christmas! May God continue to bless you and your family!

Candace from Party Cake

gina December 24, 2009 at 1:29 PM  

And that day comes quicker than you could imagine- practice makes perfect- keep crafting!


Have a Very Merry Christmas!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP