Monday, December 21, 2009

Motivate Me Monday- Merry Christmas


Wow, Christmas is this week; I just can't believe it's already here.  Honestly, I feel like Christmas goes throughout the whole month of December.  I guess it's just the spirit of the holiday.

The last couple weeks have been rather stressful around the Lockcuff house.  I've really been struggling with a lot of things, personally, and although I won't go into detail here, I will say this.  If your family is having a hard time this holiday season, whether financially, physically, or however, don't give up on the magic of this holiday.  Don't lose out on the memories that can still be made together.  Even though you may feel like there's no hope in sight, or maybe you've lost touch with the One Who is the reason for this holiday, don't give up.  Believe me, I've been ready to just throw my hands up in the air and totally give up in the last couple of weeks; I've even had a few meltdowns.  If you've seen a crazy woman crying hysterically in her car, that was probably me.  Dan and I have both been really discouraged.  But from me to you, one mama to another, don't give up.  Make the most of what you have, and make memories....after all, it's the memories that will last, not all the hooplah and giftwrap.  Hug your kids, and cover them in kisses. 


Merry Christmas!

For more Motivate Me Monday, visit Sarah at The Fifth Street Palace.

4 comments:

Joe. December 21, 2009 at 1:34 AM  

I absolutely agree - I've had my "meltdown moments" this season, but I really do need to keep remembering who is more important (and no - not my kids, this time) He is, & it makes me feel a little better. I find either doing something for someone else will lift you right up - or go visit some place sacred - we go to the Temple in the middle of the city where we live & honestly - its so calming.
But I love that you added to 'keep the magic in it for the kids' - cos theres no bigger truth than that - for children, Christmas is just so magic, money, sickness and even bad vibes don't touch them at this time of year, and theres so few oppertunities for them to just 'be kids', so yeah - even when I'm hysterically screaming into my pillow or fighting back tears, I give them a huge smile & push through - I'll send you some great thoughs & Christmas prayers! :D xx

Goat Gal December 21, 2009 at 10:50 AM  

Thanks for the encouragement to endure. I needed to be bolstered today. Happy MM and a merry Christmas.

Heather @ Marine Corps Nomads December 21, 2009 at 3:40 PM  

(((Mel))) I've had years where Christmas was like that. It's not easy, but you get through it. Once your focus shifts from how you are feeling to others, sometimes, you are able to not just survive Christmas but thrive thanks to God's love.

ruth stiles January 4, 2010 at 9:28 AM  

I DON'T want Gabe to go back to school. Not that I don't want him to learn and that I want to keep him home and little forever (well...) but I am going to miss him even if he is only gone from 11:30-2.
I do plan on going outside with them once the weather gets a little warmer. They are only little one and these moments flee on by. I want them to have the best childhood I can offer them and I am not embarrased to be a mom or a godly parent!
Thanks for this post!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP