Monday, December 21, 2009

Daybook for Monday, December 21, 2009


FOR TODAY, Monday, December 21, 2009...
Outside my window... it is dark and cold.

I am thinking... that it's nice to be off school for a couple weeks now.

I am thankful for... Christmas, when we're reminded of our Saviour's birth and why He came to earth.

From the learning rooms...just some fun arts and crafts this week, along with some fun reading and Christmas stories.

From the kitchen... tonight will probably be something quick from the dollar menu, since we're taking Jacob to karate, then headed to Bass Pro to see Santa.:)

I am wearing... jammies and robe for now; trying to get warm.

I am creating... more Italian Sprinkle Cookies this week (hopefully, I'll get the recipe right this time) and maybe some fudge and more Chocolate covered peanut butter Ritz.  Oh, and I plan to finally make my apron over Christmas break.:)

I am going... to karate tonight and then to see Santa.:)

I am reading... still trying to finish The Power of Respect by Deborah Norville and then have to start Levi's Will by W. Cramer.

I am hoping... to relax some over break, although Missie and I have our new website to build for MamaBuzz, so early mornings will ensue (have to work while the kids are asleep).:)

I am hearing...silence and the furnace running.

Around the house...have to desperately clean today.

One of my favorite things...is singing with the choir at church.  We just have a lot of fun, and seriously, (Pastor Hosea said about this at our banquet last week), on those Sundays when we're just so tired and feel so drug down, you can just feel the Holy Spirit begin to move through the church like a breeze.  It's like He revives us through the music and really prepares us for listening....Dan and I were both talking about that after Pastor Hosea talked at the banquet....it's truly amazing.

A few plans for the rest of the week: No school (yea!); Jacob to Tae Kwon Do; baking and crafts with the kids; go see Santa tonight; church/small group; possibly go to Christmas Eve service at Remington's; library/errands; Mom & Dad coming for Christmas; writing assignments/MamaBuzz work; hopefully, some relaxation and watching more Avonlea; praying desperately for snow; etc.

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing...(He got these snowboots in a package last week from Pappy and Grammy, and he would not take them off for anything; oh, and it didn't help that they were Cars snowboots, his favorite, the only movie he will sit through and watch over and over and over again; at least it's a good one).  LOL


For more Daybook, visit The Simple Woman.

7 comments:

Mandy December 21, 2009 at 9:26 AM  

My almost 3 year old son so hearts Cars, too! And he won't wear any shoes but his Car sneakers. So I bought him a 2nd pair in black for him to wear to church!

Ruth December 21, 2009 at 9:31 AM  

Ohh so cute!!!!
Thanks for sharing this picture. So heartwarming! It reminds me of precious moments like these when my kids were little.

Merry Christmas to your family!

Goat Gal December 21, 2009 at 10:48 AM  

What a cute picture! I hope your Christmas vacation time is blissful :)

Patti Lacy December 21, 2009 at 11:47 AM  

Oh, Mel, love the picture!
My daughter used to create a nest with clothes, shoes, toys, and a torn piece of sheepskin, which she used to stroke her cheek as she sucked her thumb.

We have some blackmail quality photos for our almost 24-year-old married woman!!!

Patti
www.pattilacy.com/blog

Anonymous December 21, 2009 at 12:29 PM  

Thanks for sharing your daybook. I've enjoyed my visit. Cute photo!

May you and your family have a Christmas filled with many blessings!
~Tamara
BranchOfWisdom.com

P.S. You are invited to drop by my blog on 12/27 and enter my New Year's Giveaway!

Stockpiling Mom December 22, 2009 at 9:37 PM  

Stopping by from MBC! I have a money saving site called Stockpiling Moms. Would love for you to stop by!

http://www.stockpilingmom.com

I am following you!

Clairity December 23, 2009 at 6:58 AM  

Sweet picture, wish we had snow here too. Merry Christmas :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP