Monday, December 7, 2009

Daybook for December 7, 2009


FOR TODAY, Monday, December 7, 2009...
Outside my window...it is dark, and I'm thinking I should really be in my nice, warm bed right now.

I am thinking...that it could be snowing or sleeting outside my window right now.:)

I am thankful for...music, simply put.  Our choir concerts were this weekend, and they were just encouraging to my heart.  One of the songs we sang was called Emmanuel, and the words just spoke to my heart, as I've been going through a bit of a rough patch here lately....I'm just so thankful and humbled at how the Holy Spirit can work in our own hearts, even as we're trying to be a blessing to others.

From the learning rooms...I'm so excited that we are finishing up ancient history this week.  Woohoo!  Moving on to the Middle Ages....  We're also finishing up our math book and moving on to our next one.  I was able to order the test book for history off of Amazon for really cheap, so now I'll no longer have to make up my own tests.:)  We're still continuing our celebration of Advent, as well, and we're doing lots of Christmas arts and crafts, which Jacob and Jaden both love, love, love.

From the kitchen...tonight will be a baked chicken, potatoes, veggies, and maybe rolls.

I am wearing...jammies and robe.

I am creating...have to start working on Christmas presents a little bit.  I'm not sure what to give people, besides pictures we had taken.  I have some ideas floating around in my head, though.

I am going...nowhere today, hopefully.

I am reading...The Power of Respect by Deborah Norville, for a review.

I am hoping...to make it through today, as I feel like I could drop.

I am hearing...silence.  Silence is golden....

Around the house...have to clean house today and, of course, catch up on laundry.

One of my favorite things...is beautiful piano players, which I heard a lot of this weekend, with A Festival of Keyboards; our choir director, Jeff Bennett, has been a part of this group for 16 years.  They are truly amazing.  They travel all over, so if you ever get the chance to hear them, go for it....and no, this is not a sales pitch, it's just something amazing that I can't keep quiet about.

A few plans for the rest of the week: School; Jacob to Tae Kwon Do, and he has testing this week; choir rehearsal/church stuff; library/errands; writing assignments/MamaBuzz work; Jacob and I are volunteering with the KTTS Christmas Crusade, helping with donor drop-off; we have a small group outing, which I'm excited about....kind of a Christmas party just for the adults, since we'll have wonderful, free childcare at the church (they are so wonderful to do that for us; Dan and I have gotten to go out maybe 2-3 times since both kids were born, if that); etc.

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing...(we made glitter glue Christmas trees, and both boys just loved it; Jaden was very intent on his.)




For more Daybook, visit Peggy at The Simple Woman.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP