Thursday, December 24, 2009

A Bit of Christmas Cheer


Even though it seems our world has been turned upside down, we still have to praise God for His goodness, and even when things look grim, He's still there in the people we talk to, the friends we surround ourselves with, and the people we love.  Please keep praying for Aaron and Nancy, as he's undergoing a biopsy today.  We'll know more next week; they are doing well, and their spirits are good....but they covet your prayers.  

Now for a bit of Christmas cheer.  The other day, we were going to meet my parents for lunch, so the boys and I stopped off at Goodwill along the way.  Guess what I walked out with?  You'll never believe it....a 6 foot, pre-lit Christmas tree that was only $5!  I was pretty excited; that kind of deal doesn't come along every day.  As Jacob piped up and said, "Man, Mommy, Goodwill is the place to be!"  LOL  Anyway, I got home with it, and was digging into it, getting ready to set it up, and alas, there were no legs.  (This shouldn't have been a surprise to me, since it seems that everything is this way lately).  LOL  But Dan stepped in like a hero, and he quickly built a little wooden stand for it, and it works great!  I cannot complain.  Yeah, this tree is a slightly skinnier tree, but it's still really pretty, and how could I resist $5?  I mean, it's practically brand new too.  We even went to Dollar Tree and splurged $5 on the ornaments for it.  Then instead of tinsel, I wrapped some ribbon I had around it.  It's gorgeous, and it just lights up our bedroom quite nicely.  So, now I'm one of those crazy people who has 2 trees: One in the living room (with all its memory-filled ornaments):

and our $5 tree in the bedroom.


(Oh yeah, and my mom went and got herself a couple trees too; she got a slightly bigger one, and she got some smaller mini trees).  So, next time you're driving by Goodwill, stop in; you never know what kind of Christmas cheer you might find.:)  Merry Christmas!

3 comments:

gina December 24, 2009 at 1:27 PM  

A christmas tree in the bedroom would be so romantic!!

ruth stiles December 24, 2009 at 3:06 PM  

there is nothing wrong with having more than one tree. I currently have 2 - soon to be since I got Gabe one for Christmas. I used to have 5....one in the livingroom, one in the kitchen, a little one on the piano with cool piano ornaments, one in our bedroom and one in the kids room...but thanks to God's cleansing garage fire we had to start over again!
anywho...I posted about Nancy and Aaron and I twittered it...hope you don't mind I gave credit to you and your blog.
Mel..thanks for the friendship. Thanks for the encouragment.Thanks for the laughs and for being a godly parent in this terrible world. May God continue to bless you and Dan as you raise your boys to be knights for the king! I love you and MERRY CHRISTMAS!
I look forward to pictures of the boys opening gifts and all.....

Lisa December 24, 2009 at 4:27 PM  

What a great deal! I've never considered putting a Christmas tree in my bedroom. I bet it is lovely.

Thanks for coming by my blog! Merry Christmas!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP