Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Veterans Day

This picture of the Vietnam Memorial Wall has always grabbed at my heart....


Today being Veterans Day, I just wanted to thank all of the veterans from all wars, their families included.  No sacrifice has been too great because they have fought for our country, leaving family and home behind, heading to places that have certainly been far from home and hostile and unwelcome.  Honestly, though, it shouldn't take a holiday to thank our veterans.....yes, we should have a holiday (don't get me wrong), but we should thank them every single day for the freedoms they have fought for; especially with war still raging, our soldiers need to know we've got their backs here at home.  They need to know we are back here cheering them home, willing and praying for them to be well and make it back home. 



So, thank you; I know it's only words, and these words can never make up for the amount of sacrifice you have given, but thank you.....you are not forgotten. 

2 comments:

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart November 11, 2009 at 5:40 AM  

Nice post my friend and I agree with it all!
Hugs
Kim

Conny November 11, 2009 at 9:02 AM  

Amen, Mel, amen. I live in the Ft. Leonard Wood Army community (down the road from you, I believe!) ... and am daily reminded of the sacrifices of our military. I too agree that we need to be thankful DAILY for the freedom we enjoy thanks to our veterans!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP