Monday, November 2, 2009

Motivate Me Monday- Are you Living or Existing?


Our family watches The Biggest Loser.  It's such a motivating, yet heartbreaking show to watch, especially in the instance of contestants like Abby Rike.  I was so disappointed to see her be eliminated this last week.  I had been rooting for her since the beginning.  Take a moment to listen to her story, and then come back.....or you can watch this video; they are each different, but still tell her story.




You know, I can't imagine going through what Abby has had to go through in her life.  Her story made me cry every time I heard it....I can't imagine the agony and pain she has suffered because of her personal tragedy.  The fact that she can hold her head up is just unthinkable to me....I really can't imagine.  In one video, I heard her say that it was by the grace of God....  Her story makes me think about my own life and ask myself the question, "Am I truly living, or am I just existing?"   Am I in the moment with my children, or am I there, but not really there?  Am I taking my family for granted?  Do I tell them how much I love them?  Do I show them how much I love them?  It's hard for me to think about a tragedy like that, so I usually choose to push that away to some dark corner in my mind and not think about it, because the thought of losing them ever just is too overwhelming to even consider.


My question to you is, "Are you truly living, or are you just merely existing?"  Are you living your life, or are you just passing through, unaware of anything else around you?  Are you making each second count, knowing that we are never guaranteed even another hour with our children and husbands?   Here's how Abby's doing today....





To read more Motivate Me Monday, visit Sarah at The Fifth Street Palace.

2 comments:

Ellie Kings November 2, 2009 at 2:32 PM  

Wow! She has such an inspiring story. I've been there- existing and not living. Thanks for this post Mel. It reminded me of how good it is to be back in the light and living once again!

Goat Gal November 2, 2009 at 2:53 PM  

You are right a total tear jerker of a story. Wow Mel. Those are some kick butt questions to ask myself. Thank You so much for this post. I am inspired.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP