Thursday, October 29, 2009

Things I Love Thursday: Fall


Today was a fun day; it was a field trip day, which meant no schoolwork.  Yea!!!!  I decided to take the boys to the Rutledge Wilson Farm Park, since I've heard so much about it....we had a blast.  We got there, and immediately, the boys saw the barn and silo playground, and they wanted to go climb around and slide down all the slides.


Much to my dismay, Jaden ended up completely soaked on his backside, since it had rained last night.  So, we ended up getting back in the car and running up to Walmart quick to get him a dry pair of pants.  There was an icy wind blowing, so I just couldn't let him walk around soaked, and, of course, I had forgotten to bring an extra pair in the backpack.  


When we came back, we decided to go check out the animals.  They had miniature horses, sheep, cows, turkeys, and chickens.  Jaden was mesmerized by the giant milk cow in the barn.  For some reason, he LOVES cows; he constantly has to moo when we go by any pasture that has anything remotely resembling a cow.  


Then, it was off to the corn maze.

Of course, we had no map or anything, so we wandered aimlessly through the cornmaze, with Jacob and Jaden taking turns leading us.

I finally had to step in and take over, since I knew we'd never get out otherwise. LOL  



Of course, then we had to make our way home, stopping by the pumpkin place, where we got a bunch of pumpkins to carve on Saturday or just set on the front porch and look pretty.  I'm anxious to go back to that farm and check out the bike trails that run through it.  With the colors of the trees quickly fading, winter is coming.  I love the feeling of fall; it's cool and crisp, and it's just a wonderful time of year, my favorite season.


For more Things I Love Thursday, link up with The Diaper Diaries.

2 comments:

Angela October 28, 2009 at 11:39 PM  

Looks like they had a great time. I'm not showing this to my son...he's been after me to homeschool and if he saw how much fun your kids had, well.... lol

I'm following from the MBC followers club. I'm at http://thesuburbanjungle.blogspot.com

Jenn October 29, 2009 at 9:29 AM  

You have to tel me where this place is! It looks so fun!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP