Monday, October 19, 2009

Motivate Me Monday- What Would Jesus Do?



Truly, what would Jesus do?  I'm just going to put it out there....what do you truly, genuinely believe Jesus would do if He saw a prostitute standing on the corner?  In John 8:7, this is what He said (concerning the adulterous woman): So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.


Yesterday morning in church, we were challenged pretty heavily.  It's been weighing on my heart all day; we had some friends over for lunch, and we all got to talking about it.  Pastor Andy showed us a video of Pastor Tommy Barnett, who was talking about a rescue project for prostitutes and how they go out into the streets to minister to these prostitutes, who are basically in bondage to their pimps.  It's such a nightmarish reality for so many young girls/women.  Anyway, they give these girls a rose, as they walk up to them, and they tell them how beautiful they are and about Jesus....gain their trust.  Eventually, they're able to rescue these girls.  We were challenged, this morning, to "raze hell" in our communities.  Raze, meaning to destroy.....to destroy the works of the devil, his strongholds in our communities.  Furthermore, the idea was brought up for women in our church to minister to women who are working in strip joints, to get out there and go boldly where not many Christian women have gone before.  (I can hear the gasps now.)  The thing is, would we be willing to walk into a strip club, to be a light to a woman who is clearly in need of Jesus' saving power?  Would we be willing to figure out what her needs are, so that we could effectively minister to her?  Or would we be like the Pharisees, who wanted to stone the adulterous woman?  Again, what would Jesus do?  Would I be scared to death?  Heck, yeah, I'd be scared out of my wits....but, as a friend put it, how much must I despise someone not to share the Gospel with that person?  Am I going to let fear of what others will say stop me from ministering to someone who God is clearly telling me to minister to?  Am I going to fall back in the ranks just because of the stigma I might get by entering a strip joint or talking to those girls on the corner?  Am I going to let that person die without knowing Christ, forever lost without Him?  Am I going to not take that homeless person's hand in mine as I minister to her, just because her hand may be a little dirty?  Truly, for us to reach this world, we are going to have to get a little "dirty," per se.....we are going to have to jump out into that stormy sea and trust God that He is going to get us through.....and, of course, we have to be prepared.        


We are continuously being challenged every Sunday right now; we are being prepared to fight a spiritual battle....I can honestly say that I want to do what Jesus would do, and I want to embrace these women standing on the street corners....I want to show them that there's a better life waiting for them, that someone cares about them, that they have a purpose in life beyond any thug's purposes and uses.  In order for us to reach this world, we have to take back the reins, and we have to let God work through us.  I am ready to "raze hell."  Who is with me?















For more Motivate Me Monday, link up with Sarah over at The Fifth Street Palace.  

2 comments:

Goat Gal October 19, 2009 at 12:38 PM  

Mel,
This is a gorgeous post. His light is bursting forth out of it!
Have you read In His Steps? I do not remember who it is written by but it is a very inspirational fiction piece about loving the unlovely and doing what Jesus would do.

Mel at Adventures of Mel October 19, 2009 at 1:41 PM  

Sarah,
Yes, actually, I had to read that book for an assignment in high school, and it really has stuck with me through the years....I should re-read that again....:) Thanks so much for reading.:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP