Friday, September 11, 2009

Where Were You?

When Dan and I lived in New York, sometimes we would go down to NYC for the weekend; we had our favorite spots in the city. I remember one time we headed to the World Trade Centers....I remember laying at the base of the towers, looking up, and taking these pictures, as we wondered at the awesome, never ending height of these buildings. I couldn't imagine how many people there were inside.... I remember my sister calling at 6am PST on Sept 11, 2001. We were living in California at the time, and she told us to hurry up and turn on the tv. My already pregnant self became even more sick to my stomach as I watched what was going on. All I could imagine was all of those people who were inside those buildings. These were real people with real lives, real families. These were real wives, mothers, daughters, sisters, husbands, sons, fathers, brothers....they all belonged to someone. That someone was experiencing a loss and sense of panic that I didn't even want to imagine.

We must never forget what happened that day. No matter what caused it, no matter who did it....we must not publicize the terrorists who did this, but we must publicize those who lost their lives that day. They deserve to be remembered and honored. God was there that day; we may not understand why....but He was there, and I can guarantee He has not forgotten....


Where were you that day?


2 comments:

Heather @ Simple Wives September 11, 2009 at 11:15 PM  

Wonderful tribute.

Crafty Girls Workshop September 12, 2009 at 7:27 PM  

I remember that I was a junior in college and I had slept in that morning because I didn't have class until later. My mom woke me up (yes I still lived at home) and told me what happened. I didn't even know what the twin towers were! My mom was obessed with the news and they kept showing the same clip over and over. I was so afraid to drive to school because I thought we might be next. Then in my class about classroom management, we had a discussion about how we would handle this if we were teaching that day. It always stays in my head and I'm very sad it happened. My sister and I visited New York City in 2002and were able to see some of the things people had posted on bulletin boards in the subway. It was very moving. Thanks for sharing and happy SITS Saturday!

Anna

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP