Tuesday, September 1, 2009

One Another

Love one another Pictures, Images and Photos
This past weekend I learned that there are over 35 instances where "One another" is used in the New Testament, in regards to our responsibilities to each other as Christians. I thought that was really interesting, so I got out my concordance this morning and got on the internet to start searching. Just to give you an idea......

Love one another....
John 15:12 - This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.

Be at peace with one another....
Mark 9:50 - Salt is good, but if the salt loses its flavor, how will you season it? Have salt in yourselves, and have peace with one another.

Honor one another....
Rom 12:10 - Be kindly affectionate to one another with brotherly love, in honor giving preference to one another;

Receive one another....
Rom 15:7 - Wherefore receive ye one another, as Christ also received us to the glory of God.

Admonish one another....
Rom 15:14 - And I myself also am persuaded of you, my brethren, that ye also are full of goodness, filled with all knowledge, able also to admonish one another.

Greet one another....
1 Cor 16:20 - All the brethren greet you. Greet ye one another with an holy kiss.

Serve one another....
Gal 5:13 - For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another.

Forgiving one another....
Col 3:13 - Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye.

The list goes on and on....Minister to one another; have fellowship one with another; having compassion one of another; forbearing one another (this one can be hard sometimes); edify one another; consider one another; comfort one another; confess your faults one to another; minister the same one to another; be subject one to another; be kind one to another; comfort one another; exhort one another daily; etc.

There are definitely more, but you can look them up in your concordance, or you can look at them here and here.


2 comments:

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart September 1, 2009 at 9:33 AM  

In other words take the focus off ourselves and put it on others!! I love this post my friend. And I'm semi back to the blog world. Our back up computer is back and I'm so excited to be checking out my friends blogs again.
Hugs.
Kim

Tana September 1, 2009 at 9:55 AM  

We were made for one another. I love the Lord He's so brilliant. Thanx for sharing.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP