Monday, September 7, 2009

Daybook for September 7, 2009

FOR TODAY, Monday, September 7, 2009...
Outside my window...it is sunny and warm.
I am thinking...that there is so much to do this week before we have company next week.:) Yea!!! Dan's mom is coming! It will be nice to have another female in the house.:)
I am thankful for...family.
From the learning rooms...We are still working on number bonds and subtraction in math. In history, we will be studying Athens and Sparta this week; and in science, we will be studying the seasons and starting to learn about weather and storms and all that cool stuff.
From the kitchen...tonight will be potato veggie soup and warm rolls.
I am wearing...brown capris and an orange t-shirt.
I am creating...curtains for my kitchen; I got three of them up; only one more to go. I'm not the greatest sewer, but I have the curtains tacked to the window trim, so they'll stay in place; hidden tacks, of course; and the fabric strips that look like they're sewn in place: Ha! They are simply sewn to the top back and then I just ran them down the front, back up the back, and pinned them in place.:)LOL All of it's hidden, of course. LOL (Hey, velcro, thumbtacks, and pins are great tools for a struggling sewer). LOL
I am going...nowhere today, hopefully.
I am reading...
Fearless by Max Lucado; Dawn's Prelude by Tracie Peterson.
I am hoping...to feel better soon; this cold has whupped me just a wee bit.
I am hearing...the kids playing in their room and Jacob's non-stop talking....:)
Around the house...have to dust, vacuum, and mop today; plus, I'm hoping to decorate for fall.
One of my favorite things...is fall; I just love the feel of the season.
A few plans for the rest of the week: school; Jacob to Tae Kwon Do & soccer practice; errands/library; choir/church stuff; work on this house quite a bit; writing assignments/query letters; MamaBuzz work (God is really blessing us with great reviewers and a few companies so far); make a couple batches of freezer jam/jelly; etc.
Here is a picture thought I am sharing...(here are my three curtains I have done so far; one more to go)....


For more Daybook, link up with The Simple Woman.

2 comments:

Rose Casell September 7, 2009 at 11:36 AM  

I LOVE the curtains! That inspires me.

Love ya

Tana September 7, 2009 at 11:51 AM  

Ooh I just decorated for fall (or at least started too) I love the cozy colors and warmth taking over my living space :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP