Thursday, August 27, 2009

Things I Love Thursday: Celebration Worship Choir

I used to never think I'd want to sing in a choir, until I heard the Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir sing....and then my whole view of a choir changed. Their music inspires me beyond belief; I could listen to it over and over. It's the kind of music that either makes you want to stand up and shout and clap and dance, or it brings you to your knees.

Since we have started going to Ridgecrest Baptist, I decided to join the choir.
The first time I heard them, their music had the same effect on my soul. It just refreshed my soul; there's no other way to explain it. So, off I went to join up, and boy, am I ever glad that I did. It's a ministry, that as a busy mama, I can do and not take a whole lot of time away from my main ministry right now, my family. It refreshes my soul to go and sing and practice and get to know my fellow choir members, and believe me, there are a lot of them to get to know!:) The picture above is only part of them. I couldn't get the whole choir in my picture because I hurriedly stood up during practice to take the picture, and everyone was staring at me (probably thinking I was the enthusiastic newbie, which I am!). On Sunday when I sang with them for the first time during the worship services, it was like I was on a "God high." There's just no other way to explain it.....I could not wait for the next service to go back and do it all over again.:) I'm looking forward to the music ministry retreat this Saturday....I love music, and I love the choir!:)

What do you love? Join in on Things I Love Thursday over at Diaper Diaries.


3 comments:

Kara August 26, 2009 at 11:51 PM  

Sounds awesome! I love good worship music.

Diane August 27, 2009 at 7:54 AM  

Worship music must touch your soul. Can't wait to hear your solo!

Goat Gal August 27, 2009 at 1:46 PM  

My heart soars just reading this. What a sweet thing to sing for the Lord.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP