Monday, August 31, 2009

Daybook for August 31, 2009

FOR TODAY, Monday, August 31, 2009...
Outside my window...it is sunny and looks warm.
I am thinking...that I can't believe it's already September tomorrow!
I am thankful for...a really good church where we can just be ourselves and really learn and grow.
From the learning rooms...well, we are definitely working on subtraction this week (yuckity yuck); on the bright side, we're learning about the Medes and Persians in history, and we're making a sun clock in science, since we're studying day/night and seasons....woohoo!
From the kitchen...tonight will be chicken fried rice and spring rolls.
I am wearing...jean capris and gray t-shirt that gets so many comments because it says Volleyball Mom (seriously, I got it at Goodwill, and I used to play volleyball; do I really look old enough to have teenagers playing volleyball? Maybe so with all this gray hair that keeps appearing.... I never dreamed I'd get so many comments on an old t-shirt).
I am creating...working on Mamabuzz; we're launching this week. Oh, and I have to make peach freezer jam this afternoon. This day looks neverending right now.
I am going...nowhere today, hopefully, except Jacob does have Tae Kwon Do tonight.
I am reading...Lost Mission by Athol Dickson.
I am hoping...that Jacob will get the hang of subtraction again; the summer kinda lapsed his memory or something....urgggg; is it possible for the brain cells that held math to just up and leave? Urggg....
I am hearing...someone mowing outside and Jacob working on math.
Around the house...oy vei, I'm so behind; I have laundry to catch up on; dusting, vacuuming, and mopping to do today; etc.
One of my favorite things...singing with the choir and the song bringing me to the point of tears because it is so powerful.
A few plans for the rest of the week: school; Jacob to Tae Kwon Do; Jacob starts soccer practice this week too; choir practice; writing assignments/reviews/Mamabuzz work; errands/library; try to keep and maintain a better schedule (I feel like all I do is work, work, work, and I have to spend more time with Dan); get the kids to the pool one last time; I'm taking Jacob back to the stables again this Friday; possibly go to car show at church; etc.
Here is a picture thought I am sharing...(Jaden always runs in and gets into Jacob's bed at bedtime; :) I think he needs a regular bed really soon)
For more Simple Woman, link up with Peggy.

2 comments:

Jerralea August 31, 2009 at 3:58 PM  

What an awesome picture of your two little men!

Freezer peach jam sounds heavenly!

Jeannie Campbell, LMFT August 31, 2009 at 4:34 PM  

nice blog! i'm a stay-at-home mom right now, too. hoping to be an author, too! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP