Thursday, July 9, 2009

To Judge....or Maybe Not To Judge....

I have a confession to make....but first, let me explain a little background behind all this. My cousin, Cindy, came over today, and we got to talking about Michael Jackson, leading to a discussion on how we sometimes judge people when we really don't even know them. It really got me thinking....

I wrote the post about Michael Jackson the other day because I had seen so much "bashing" on Facebook towards him, just after his death. It had really upset me to see so many people basically making light of the whole situation. If I sounded judgmental towards Michael in any way in that post, well, I'm probably guilty. You see, I've known people who judge whether or not another human being is saved, and I absolutely just despise it when someone does that....and I found myself almost guilty of implying that in my post. For that, I am truly sorry....I never meant to imply that at all. I have no right, and honestly, there's no way I can judge another person's salvation. Only God sees the heart. I pray with all my heart that somehow Michael was saved, especially after watching his little girl get up on stage at his memorial and cry, talking about her daddy; all the while, I was bawling too. He was really an amazingly kind person, according to a lot of things I have read and seen....he had a huge heart; and I don't care what our beliefs are or what kind of music we like or don't like, but he did have amazing talent.

I say all this to say that I am sometimes guilty of pre-judging others, whether by outward appearance or how they act. But, ya know, I don't know what that person has been through, and I don't know how their day has gone. Maybe they've just had the most "craptastic" day ever! Who am I to say? What I can do is say a little prayer for that person and flash them my most charming smile; just listen to what they have to say....

Just a little peek into one of my "ah-ha's." Thanks, Cindy....

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP